Super Volcano

Arabella's POV

My dad, Charlotte, Schwoz, and I were in the Man Cave and we just received the worst news.

We're all gonna die.

There's this volcano 50 miles below the surface and it's about to explode in two days, which means the entire Earth will melt away.

All of us are gonna die, except my dad because he's indestructible, but he's still upset about it. He's losing everything and everyone he loves, he'll be alone.

I don't wanna die. There's still so much so I haven't done in my life, and now a stupid volcano is going to ruin it. I haven't even had my first kiss yet.

Schwoz was monitoring its vitals and calculating when it will explode.

I heard yelling from the elevator and a large thud. I pried my eyes from the screen and looked over to see Henry emerging from the elevator.

"Hey, guys. What's the poops?"

"We're all gonna die." My dad tells Henry and his face falls.

"Wha?!

"You're not gonna die." Charlotte mentions.

"You're indestructible." Schwoz adds.

"We're all gonna die." I repeat, but emphasis the four of us and not my dad.

"Well, it's still bad for me!" My dad cries and I rub his shoulder. "Who am I gonna talk to when you're all dead? I won't have a daughter anymore."

"Woah! Woah!" Henry exclaims. "What is going on here?"

"That!" Schwoz turns to monitor on and see molten lava flowing.

"What is that?" Henry asked.

"That is a super volcano 50 miles below the surface of the Earth, right under their town." My dad explained.

"Oh." Henry says. "Hey, do you think I should get my teeth whitened?"

"Unbelievable." I shake my head.

"Henry." Charlotte says.

"Your teeth?" My dad questions.

"Are you crazy? Two days from now that volcano is going to pop like a big, red-hot throbbing pimple." Schwoz explained.

"Ew." Charlotte and I cringed.

"Billions of time of hot lava will spew from the ground and melt everything." My dad tells Henry, approaching him.

"You mean melt all of Swellview?"

"All of the whole world!" Schwoz exclaims.

"But I just ordered a new bike online!" Henry protests.

"When does it get here?" I asked him.

"Next week."

The four of us sadly shake our heads.

"Aw, man! The whole world is going to end?" Henry asked, panicking. "You sure of this?"

"Yes." Schwoz replies.

"Schwoz has been watching the volcano, monitoring the vibration, and doing all those calculations." My dad mentioned.

"How much time do we have left?" Charlotte asked, Schwoz and we all turn to him.

He shows the time on the screen and it was just under two days.

"Just under two days." My dad mutters sorrowfully.