The Beat Goes On

Arabella's POV

I turned fourteen recently, I mean I think I did. When the date that my dad saved/adopted me rolls around, I say I turned a year older. My dad refuses to believe I'm growing up, he still wants me to be six again. It's just dad things.

Anyways, it was fan mail day and all of us were sorting through the massive amounts of mail. Fans constantly send Captain Man and Kid Danger tons of mail everyday, and it's a monster to go through. Even I get mail, and the fans don't even know my identity. It's crazy to be honest.

Schwoz came out of the elevator with more mail. "Hey! Here's another sack!"

"No way." I say with disbelief. "More fan mail?"

"Yeah." Schwoz said and opened the sack of mail. "Captain Man and Kid Danger are very popular in this town. Not to mention, hundreds of people wanting to know Bella's identity."

"Tell me about it." I say and toss a letter behind me. "It's annoying."

My dad walked out. "Schwoz. I found another one of your diseased eggs in my tanning bed."

I looked up and saw my dad with an egg.

"Tanning bed?"

"Don't ask." I mutter back to Charlotte.

"He's not diseased. Yet." Schwoz protested and my dad sniffed the egg.

"What are you guys talking about?" Charlotte asked them.

"Schwoz gets his jollies by blasting eggs with all kinds of weird radiation so he can see what happens when they hatch." My dad explained.

"It's fun to create mutants." Schwoz objected.

"Yeah." I scoffed. "For you."

"It must've been really fun for your mom." My dad argued. "Oh!"

"Hey!" Schwoz protested.

"Ooo." Charlotte and I grin and my dad tosses Schwoz his egg.

"I want that egg of this property." My dad instructed.

"Hey, you guys." I turned and saw Henry holding a bottle of whip cream. "Somebody left this can of whip cream in the weapons room."

Schwoz rushes over to Henry and snatches the bottle. "Da, da, da! Be careful with this!"

"Why?" Henry asked and I stand up from the couch.

"I show you. Hey, Ray!"

My dad turned to us. "Yeah, what's up?"

I giggled and smiled at Henry. "Get ready."

Schwoz fired the laser at my dad and completely burned his shirt until it was tattered and black. My dad yelled in agony and the four of us laughed at him.

"Dang it, Schwoz!" My dad yelled.

"Relax, you're indestructible." I assured him.

"Yeah, well, my shirt wasn't!" My dad snapped and Henry's phone beeped.

"Oh man, I'm late for dinner. I got to get home." Henry tells us before walking toward the elevator.

"Bye, Hen." I say and he waved at me.

"See ya, Bella."

Charlotte got up from the couch to do something and I took her spot. I noticed the box on the table and opened it up, I pulled out the item and it was a white and blue cake with candles.

"Hey, guys, look!" I smile and everyone turned to me. "One of your fans sent you both a birthday cake."

"But it's not our birthdays." My dad reasoned and I rose an eyebrow.