The Bucket Trap

Arabella's POV

Charlotte and I were waiting in the Man Cave for my dad and Henry to return. Soon enough, Henry and my dad returned and we went up to them.

"Hey. How did it go?" I asked them as they walked over to us.

"Oh, man, it was insane!" My dad smiled.

"It was nuts!" Henry expressed.

"Well, tell us! What happened?" Charlotte asked and I nodded with an eager smile.

"Okay. A news helicopter was falling over Swellview, just going in circles!" My dad began.

"Because the helicopter pilot fell asleep at the controls!" Henry continued.

"Did you guys figure out a way to wake him up?" I asked them.

"No." My dad denied. "We just watched the helicopter fly around in circles. " My dad walks by us and I gave him a look.

"Until it ran out of gas and fell right down into the Jandy River." Henry informed us.

"And you guys didn't do anything?" Charlotte questioned.

"I got a video of it going down." Henry mentioned.

"Can you send it to me?" I asked him and got a glare from Charlotte, but a nod from Henry.

"Sure thing."

"And what about the pilot? Was he hurt?"

"No, just wet." Henry shook his head and I heard my dad chuckle.

"So, very wet."

Henry got a message and checked it. "Ugh. Another text from Jasper. That's eleven texts in the last hour."

"I got nine." Charlotte said.

"And I got seven." I added holding my phone.

I've been spending a lot more time with Henry, Charlotte, and Jasper. At first, I thought Jasper was weird, but I've learned to find that weirdness is fun and unique, like myself. So, we get along great.

"Man, what's up with that Jasper kid?" My dad asked. "Doesn't he have other friends?"

"Yeah, but not that kind you'd be, you know, proud of." Charlotte remarked.

"We're his best friends and he was so excited when Bella was added to his 'best friends' list." Henry added and I grinned. "But now because we work for you, we end up having to leave him alone all the time."

"Do you know how bad it is that I can't tell him where I live? I have to dodge the question and try my best not to give it away." I rant and Henry pats my back as I sit next to him. "I have to say something about buckets to get his mind off it. It's awful."

"I feel really bad for him." Charlotte confesses.

"Yeah." My dad fake pouts. "You guys hungry? Who wants Greek food?!"

"Ray! We just told you about a real problem we have with our friend!" Henry berated.

"And all you can say is who wants Greek food?" Charlotte asked and my dad just raised his hand higher.

Honestly, I'm not opposed to the option.

——

We ordered Greek food and it was delicious. I feel bad for Jasper, but food tops over everything in life.

"Man, I love these Jye-Rose!" My dad expressed as we eat and moaned over the delicious food. "That's how you say it, you know, "Jye-Rose!" We nodded. "You try."