Birthday Girl Down

Arabella's POV

"Hey." Henry greets us as he exits the elevator.

"Hey." My dad and I greet.

"You called me?" Henry states.

"Yeah, check out what's in that bin." My dad informs Henry and I grin amusingly.

Henry opens it and pulls out a pair of underwear. It's not mine, it's my dad's, I would never let Henry see my underwear.

"What is...." Henry trailed off in disgust.

"I want you to do my laundry!" My dad explains and Henry was revolted.

"Ew, no!" Henry exclaims and toss the underwear in the bin.

A beeping blared and this confused me. That's the delivery sound, but we didn't order anything.

"What does that sound mean?" Henry asks.

"That we have a delivery." I inform Henry with confusion.

The tube shoots down and a box of pizza lands at the bottom. My dad goes over to us and picks it up.

"Huh?" He looks at us. "Did one of you order a pizza?"

"No." We both deny and my dad opens the pizza to reveal a note on the inside.

"Hey, get this." My dad smiles and reads the note. "Dear Captain Man, our daughter Debbie is having her birthday party Saturday night-"

"Oh no, Debbie?" Henry groans and my dad shushes him.

"We're inviting some of Debbie's favorite celebrities, including you and Miss Swellview!" My dad beams. "Oh, she is hot!"

"Will you please stop reading the box?" Henry asks him but my dad continues anyway.

"No. So, if you'll agree to come to Debbie's party, you may cash the enclosed check for twelve thousand dollars!" My dad set down the box and looked at the expensive check. "Whoa! Look at this check!"

"It has pizza grease on it." Henry points out and I shrug.

"I know." My dad beams and I look at the check with a smile. I take a piece of pizza and take a bite.

"Fine! Go to her party with other kid in my class except me." Henry complains and I gave him a confused look.

"Why aren't you invited?" I question him.

"Cause I was at Debbie's birthday party last year and everyone thinks I shot her in the face with a rubber ball and knocked her off the roof." Henry explains. "Onto a dog."

"Oh yeah! I remember hearing that on the news!" I chirp with a chuckle. "You did that?"

"No!" Henry exclaims. "Everyone just thinks it was me."

"Henry..." My dad begins. "It's just you, me, and Bella here."

"So?" Henry shrugs.

"Why did you shoot Debbie in the face?" My dad asks him and I stare at Henry with a look.

Henry gets upset. "I didn't! Man, even you two don't believe me!"

"Do you want us to believe you?" I ask him, setting down my pizza and so did my dad.

"Yeah."

"Can I feel your head with my truth fingers?" My dad questions and I grin.

"Sure you c—Feel my what with your what?" Henry questions with confusion and surprise.

My dad and I got out the equipment needed for his truth fingers. My dad has this machine so he can see if I did my chores or not, but this is another good use for it.