Slippery When Wett

Sleeping in after an intense series made top two on a list of Christian's favorite things. It really was one of the best feelings because when an alarm was absent so was all the work that came with be a professional athlete. No press conferences, no fan meets, no PT, and no requirements.

There really aren't complete days off, but today was about a close as it was going to get. A day to see friends, party a little harder than he should and celebrate American. It is the 4th of July and Baker Mayfield is have the 1st Annual Mayfield party extravaganza event. Complete with a rented house with rooms for all his drunk guest, a massive pool, lots of alcohol, and a per request of Kat a beach volleyball court.

Christian stands and stretches looking around his extremely clean penthouse apartment in Milwaukee. He gets into the shower once he sees he only has about a hour till Baker is expecting him. It was not part of the plan to sleep till 1 in the afternoon it just kinda happened, but he knew his friend would understand. Sometimes an athlete just has to sleep late to catch up for all the missed nights from months prior.

Right after he gets out of the shower he wraps in a towel and sends Kat a message on Instagram since he STILL doesn't have his number:

You w Baker yet?

Kat replies in seconds, she must have already been on Christian decides:

Bro, why are we still messaging on IG?? What's your number?

Christian sends it to her and includes a threat of suing her if it gets leaked and not 30 seconds later he gets a picture of Kat chugging champagne from the bottle in a Dodger's jersey covering her bikini clad body.

Her text read: Better get here quick you're playing catch up.

He laughs at her obnoxiousness that he is almost starting to like: I'm on my way, but that jersey has got to go.

Gimme an hour and it won't be a problem anymore ;)

LMAOOOO

Christian puts a backpack together and tries to ignore what he thinks is obvious flirting from Kat. Like only girls who are flirting using winked faces... right? But Kat is not like any girl he's met. She calls him bro, but also sends the drooling emoji when responding to his Instagram stories. It is all extremely confusing and he tries not to looking too much into it like Baker has instructed.

He adds one of his many Brewers' jerseys that he hoards in his closet. This one is one of his favorites: a pin stripe with the logo. Board shorts and converse also make his attire. Not hat, which might be a mistake around 4 o'clock, but his hair was looking extremely touchable and he was half hoping Kat would be touching it. He also grabs a 36 pack of Miller before hoping in to one of the cars and going to the address Baker gave him last night.

There are about 40 cars lining the private drive and Christian knows this is an absolute rager that he probably shouldn't be seen at considering he's in season, slightly injured and also has to get on a plane to Miami tomorrow. Seeing a few of his teammate's cars eases him slightly.

He walks in through the side gate and is greeted by Celebrate by DJ Khaled blasting through the massive backyard. There is a whole taco truck pumping out orders for the line of people waiting for food. Several kegs sit in buckets of ice, an open bar buzzes with the sound of blenders making margaritas and other drinks, girls are laid out around and in the pool with barely anything on. He nods and bro hugs a few of Baker's guest like Odell Beckham Jr. and Trae Young. Christian awkwardly ducks his head as hoards of Instagram models that have sent him tons of dm's in the past year walk by.