T'was the Night Before the Olympics

OKAY BUT WHY IS CY SO THICC IN THAT PICTURE!?

Kat rolls over in her bed in the Village for the members of Team USA in Tokyo, Japan. She sits up and looks at her roommate who is on the phone. It didn't bother Kat at all she can fall asleep in a concert and not wake up, it is her party trick.

Kathryn Plumber looks over at Kat and nods making sure she's okay. Kat nods back and has to think about the comedy of being roommates with Kathryn Plumber of all people after they went head to head not seven months ago for an NCAA national title. To both their surprise they get along really well and actually have good team chemistry on the court. They've really bonded after the weeks of bullying they had to endure from the veteran members of the Olympic team who constantly reminded the pair that they had to earn their spots.

It was a little easier for Kat as she had been on the team in 2016 at the Rio Olympics. Kat sighs as looks over at the massive stack of souvenirs that she has collected from the past week and a half. These include a photo of her being the flag bearer for the opening ceremonies, a flag from their first round win against South Korea and her jersey from the semi-finals win over Turkey. It has been a long brutal road for Kat in Tokyo and it didn't help that she came in here knowing how good the other countries actually are.

Kat sighs again knowing she shouldn't be surprised she cant sleep on her last night in Japan. She couldn't sleep on her last night in Rio either. It was a mix of excitement and dread on the night before the gold medal match. There was a different level of excitement for her as she was supposed to get on a plane to LAX tomorrow night to hopefully catch the end of the MLB All Star Game.

Another quick glance at Kathryn who has put her AirPods in reassures Kat that she isn't going to bother her with a quick call. Kat waits as the FaceTime dial tone comes through her AirPods.

Christian answers and takes a quick glance at Kat and then back to whatever he's doing, "Hey," He greets his girlfriend.

"Hey, are you driving?" Kat asks slightly concerned since her boyfriend is suppose to be getting fitted for the All Star Game red carpet tomorrow.

Christian nods, "Yes and let me tell you I am so spoiled with getting to drive you car all the time this rental is a piece of crap."

Kat rolls her eyes, "Maybe you should invest..." She jokes and then notices something, "Is that an In-n-Out cup? Did you got to In-n-Out?" Kat demands.

Christian laughs, "Yeah Baker and I did earlier today."

Kat frowns, "You're with Baker? I thought he was in Cleveland?"

Christian is quiet like he's thinking of the best possible answer, "He flew in to surprise me and joked about being my date tomorrow night since you know you're in Japan..."

Kat squints at the screen, "Where are you? Is that LAX?"

Christian takes his eyes off the road to glare at Kat and her interrogation, "No, its not and why aren't you asleep? If I remember correctly you have a gold medal match against Brazil tomorrow."

Kat sighs, "Yes, I don't know its all a little intense right now, I can't sleep..."

Christian furrows his brow, "Like withdrawals can't sleep or-"

Kat shakes her head, "Nah, that stopped awhile ago. This is more of the USA hasn't won an Olympic gold in volleyball in a long time, Brazil has been the number one squad for the past ten years, my coach basically told me I needed to seriously step up today oh and my shoulder is killing me because I couldn't get to the chiropractor after run through today kind of insomnia."

"Did you take Advil and ice it?" Christian asks and Kat nods, "Damn, baby I'm sorry that's all on you, but like I've watched the games you have been stepping up you had 18 points against South Korea that has to count for something."

"We barely beat them in five how the hell are we supposed to take down Brazil when they've been sweeping teams like China and Australia," Kat sighs, "I'm sorry its just a lot. Like not even going into the NCAA finals was this stressful."

Christian nods, "It is stressful because the whole world is watching you and is waiting to see you do what you have done every time; be the game changer." Kat opens her mouth to protest but Christian cuts her off, "No, no, no excuses I have been listening to the announcers and watching the specials for every game and they're hot on you. They love you and you really are an outstanding player. Step up, Kat and get it done. Like you always do." Christian commands.

Kat is silent for amount trying to take in the dominance Christian just asserted over her, "I'm like really turned on right now," she admits.

Christian laughs, "Get that game done so you can celebrate with me. If anyone can make history its you, you've already done it so many times before."

Kat smiles, "Thank you I needed that..."

"I love you and I'm so proud of you for representing the USA as well as you have," Christian says.

"Thank you and I love you," Kat replies.

"Now, get some sleep and get your mind right," Christian commands.

Kat smirks at the camera, "Yes, daddy."

Christian shakes his head, "Goodnight KB."

"Goodnight CY."

Kat sets her phone back on the night stand and adjusts herself in the bed.

"I really want to say you guys are gross, but I'm actually just jealous because I wish I had a relationship like that," Kathryn says from her bed.

Kat laughs, "Babe, when I say this beach ain't always been no paradise you better believe me."

Kathryn laughs, "How did you guys meet?"

Kat thinks back to January 2019 when she was training at PS, "We were both training at Proactive Sports in LA last year and our mutual friend Baker Mayfield introduced us," Kat says.

Kathryn shakes her head, "Honestly, that shit is so wild like you're friends with an NFL quarterback and have a resume of professional athletes you've dated. I envy you."

Kat shrugs, "Its not hard they think they don't want to date other athletes until they date other athletes," Kat laughs.

Kathryn laughs, "Girl, I am 6'6" you think any of them want to date me?"

"6'6" with a fat ass and a cute ass face and a dope ass personality, stick with me when we get back to the states I'll hook you up with like Karl Anthony Towns or someone else tall, if you want."

Kathryn's mouth drops, "You'd do that?"

Kat nods, "Fuck yeah, I'll text him right now! He's actually here playing basketball!"

Kathryn wiggles with excitement, "You're such a nice person Kat I wish we could have played together..."

"Ehh, you and I both know we'd fight if we did," Kat winks and then adds, "I'm just glad we got some time to play on this team together."

"You have a point, but don't get all mean when we go back to college season," Kathryn says.

"No way bitch, we're Kat squared for life," Kat says and reaches over to fist bump her roommate and because of their freakishly long arms they don't even have to stretch.

This was short and I'm sorry more tomorrow.