Going for the Gold

Kat rolls herself out on a foam roller to get her body ready for the massive game against Brazil.

"Hey Kat, there's someone here for you," Kathryn says with a little hitch in her voice.

Kat continues to roll, "Who?"

"Your best friend."

Kat's eyes widen and she jumps up, "Baker fucking Mayfield!" She throws her arms around her friend, "What the fuck are you doing here!?"

"Not missing a very important game?" Baker says as he picks Kat up off her feet.

Kat smiles and then her face drops, "Where the fuck is he!?" She demands.

"Where is who?" Baker asks very confused.

Kat points a finger at his chest, "Where's CY? I know y'all were together last night and oh my fucking god you're fucking here!" Kat screams and launches herself at her boyfriend.

Christian laughs and wraps Kat in a hug, "Hey babe."

"How are you here right now?" Kat demands and puts a hand on either side of Christian's face so that she can make sure he's actually here, "Like I am so happy you're both here but how?"

"ASG red carpet or my girl's gold medal game?" Christian laughs, "I've been an all star for two years trust me this is way more important and definitely more exciting."

Kat shakes her head and kisses him, "You continue to amaze me." Kat looks at Baker and then her eyebrows shoot up, "Oh umm, this is Kathryn Plumber!"

Kathryn looks at Kat with a questionable look as she shakes Baker and Christian's hand.

"I'm in love," Baker mumbles to Kat under his breath.

Kat rolls her eyes, "She would flick you like a little boogie."

"I'm totally okay with that," Baker sighs and watches Kathryn continue to stretch while Christian laughs next to Kat.

"Well we're gonna go get out seats," Christian says and kisses Kat on the cheek, "Good luck."

Kat nods, "Thank you and I'm so happy you're here."

Kat jumps up and down on the back line along with the rest of her team. She looks to the crowd and spots Christian and Baker cheering while holding a large American flag. She smiles and Christian offers her a thumbs up. She returns it and steps forward to wave at the crowd as she is introduced. The stadium cheers louder.

The whistle blows and Carli Lloyd sends the first serve over for the USA.

"Left side!" Kathryn yells to Kat as she transitions over to set up the double block. Kat waits and jumps hard and manages to stuff the hit back down on the player for Brazil. She goes to the circle and is encouraged by her teammates, but she's blocked everything out. She knows what to listen to and what to pat attention to.

Kat manages to score twelve times in a row from the outside on different plays before Brazil finally calls a timeout in the first set.

"Alright, good job ladies this is good! Keep it up!" The USA head coach yells to encourage the girls. After a few more seconds of rest the girls are ushered back onto the court where they keep the heat to Brazil.

"Welcome back to the gold medal match for women's volleyball the USA takes set one easily as Brazil is stunned by the Americans who have really brought their A-game," The announcer says.