LXV: The Masquerade

June was coming to an end as the Masquerade was announced and the seventh years scrambled to put their costumes together. On the night of the ball, a nice and warm Saturday, Draco told Harry that he was going to the Gryffindor dorms to get ready with Theo and Blaise, muttering to himself that there was so much to do.

Harry, however, smiled to himself. Obviously, there was a benefit to being a bit prepared. Excitedly, he dressed, deciding to show up just a bit late and to make Draco wait.

It was a bit of a hassle, trying to figure out how to manipulate the parts of his costume to do what he wanted. And, as he placed his mask on his face, he grinned in the mirror; he looked awfully wonderful, amazingly bad and he was proud of the costume.

He wore all black from head to toe; fashionable black pants with a bit of a loose tuxedo top, but instead of a bowtie, there was a tie. His mask was his favourite part, giving his green eyes an extra edge and they looked larger with the contacts his mother had sent him for the occasion. The mask itself was sleek and plain, just the way he liked things to be.

On his back, were a pair of small, green-scaled wings that had taken forever to even put on. They were nice, in a way. He wasn't fond of costumes and decided last minute to take them off, not wanting to look like an idiot.

Half-past nine, Harry Potter made his way down to the Great Hall, where the ball was being held with the ring that matched Draco's enchanted to be the colour black, matching his aesthetic.

When he made it there, however, he didn't see a tall blonde boy anywhere, but he could make out Theo and Blaise. Hesitantly, he went up to them, asking where Draco was. Theo, who had Luna Lovegood at his side, answered, "He should be down soon." He and Luna were both dressed in yellow, looking a bit disturbing as they stared at each other.

Blaise was dressed as some sort of animal (Harry didn't know what) while Neville had forgotten a mask. "The entire point is to have one, Longbottom, " Harry pointed out.

Neville sulked next to Blaise as Harry went to grab a drink, wincing when he tasted Firewhiskey in the punch. He was sure one of the Slytherin boys had spiked it. He drank a bit as he waited, trying to figure out who was who in this twisted party.

Immediately, he spotted Hermione Granger, who was dressed as a flamingo with a bright pink dress, complete with feathers and a mask that had a beak protruding from it, making her look really horrid. Ronald Weasley, who was standing next to her, was dressed as a rabbit, large ears making him look like a doofus in his maroon tailcoat.

"You look ravishing, " a cool and familiar voice said in Harry's ear. He turned, seeing Draco. But it didn't look like Draco at first: he was wearing all white and his blonde hair was combed neatly to the side, above his head was a small, golden halo, emanating light and his grey-blue eyes were bright against the white mask he wore.

"You make it sound, " Harry gulped, "as if you were going to eat me."

Draco winked and gave his behind a small pat before grabbing a goblet and filling it with the spiked punch. "Revolting."

"You look good, " Harry blushed. He noticed that Draco was wearing his ring, but it was golden, like his halo. There were small specks of golden glitter on the tall boy's shoulders and in his hair, as well as all over his suit. "What did you do, soak it in glitter?"

"I had Blaise and Theo dump it on me while I stood in a bin."

Harry laughed. "What are you supposed to be?"

"An angle, " Draco smirked. He turned so that his back was facing Harry, asking, "Do the wings look good?"

Harry looked at the white, feathery wings on Malfoy's back, watching as the fluttered just a bit, sprinkling glitter everywhere. "Yeah, " Harry replied, though his voice cracked a bit. Draco raised an eyebrow as Harry brought his goblet to his lip, trying not to look at Draco or the halo above his head. "You're not very pure for being an angle."

Draco stuck his tongue out. "You're not even in costume, you bore."

"I don't want to look like an idiot."

"I'm sure, "

Harry glared at Draco. "Whatever."

The two boys grinned at each other, Harry feeling nervous despite having been with Draco for months. Harry's grin only grew when Draco took a step back as a slow song started, putting one hand out while the other was behind his back. "Care to dance with me for a bit?"

"I can't dance, " Harry tried to excuse himself, but Draco's energy was radiating off of him just like the light from the halo. "Well . . .just one then. What could it hurt?"

Draco smiled as Harry grabbed his hand. He led Harry to the middle of the room, where other couples had gotten together, including Blaise and Neville and Theo and Luna. The blonde whispered, his lips dangerously close to Harry's ear, "C'mon, put your arms round my neck."

Harry did so awkwardly and looked at the ground, where his feet we're moving on, seemingly, their own accord. Draco's hands found themselves on Harry's hips resting there. The smaller boy sucked in a breath.

"Follow my lead, Harry."

"I am, "

"Go a bit faster, "

Harry grumbled under his breath, "You're not the boss of me."

"Well, don't go shy on me now." Draco looked down at Harry, his grey eyes shining as he watched Harry try to copy his movements. When the other boy wasn't expecting it, Draco kissed his cheek, making him blush. "Just don't worry about other people."

"Well---"

"Looks as if Potter isn't the lead."

Harry could tell who it was, of course. Hermione Granger.

"Look at me, " Draco's voice said as ten fingers dug into his hips in a way that made Harry hold a breath in his mouth for a long time. "Harry."

Harry looked up, his lips tight as Draco smiled down at him. "I dunno why you---"

The song stopped and Draco whisked him and Harry away, back to a table, where Blaise, Theo, and their partners we're already. Harry sat on the table, listening to Luna's nonsense and Neville's ramblings, trying not to focus on his Draco's hand was travelling up his thigh, his thumb rubbing the spot where his pocket lie.

Harry grabbed his hand, hopping down from the table and leading him away wordlessly up to their dorm. Harry pulled his mask off, waiting for Draco to do the same before kissing him.

Their breaths became one as Draco's fingers dug into Harry's hips again, making the boy gasp and suck in a breath through his teeth as Draco kissed his neck, not bothering with niceties.

Draco let Harry's hands unbutton his suit, his hands pressing against his hot skin, cold but growing warm. He let Harry's nails stab into his back and shoulders, definitely leaving marks and possibly bruises but he didn't care.

Gently, as to not alarm Harry, Draco peeled his own suit off, watching as Harry stared shamelessly at his chest and torso. "Who's impure now, Potter?" he mocked sweetly, his hand now in Harry's midnight hair.

"I---"

"Aren't you too warm in that suit?"

"You---"

"It's too fucking hot now. It's basically summer."

"Yeah---" Harry started. Draco's hands had been working furiously at the bottoms on Harry's suit, but he just couldn't get the last two off and, after a minute or two of struggling, Harry tore the buttons off, shaking his shoulders to get free from the dastardly thing he was wearing. "You're too soft, Malfoy."

"Yeah, okay, " Draco scoffed, pushing Harry onto their bed. "Whatever you say."

Harry grinned as Draco kissed him, laughed as Draco's hands skimmed his belly, touching Draco himself as the blonde bit his lip. "I love you, " Harry whispered first. For the first time.

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote