Chapter 1:

Lilly:

I watched as the clock on the wall slowly ticked by.

"Come on." I whispered.

Only a few more seconds. Suddenly the bell rang and everyone jumped up and screamed.

"Have a great summer and have fun in college." my teacher said.

Last day of senior year, we already received our diplomas so now it's time for college.

I stayed in my seat until everyone left.

"Have a great summer Mrs. Anderson." I smiled. We have the same last name even though we aren't related.

"Thank you Lilly, you too." she smiled back. I was sad I was leaving my favorite teacher.

I returned my books and left the school empty handed, finally free.

"Crap." I said as I looked at time on my phone.

My legs carried me as fast as they could. My chest began to hurt and my legs ached.

"Almost there." I spoke to myself. I finally reached my house and entered the warm atmosphere out of breath. Outside was cold and windy.

"You're late." I heard a male voice say.

I turned and saw my dad sitting in his usual chair, looking angry.

"S-sorry. I had to return my books back to the office." he stood as I spoke.

Suddenly I cried out when his hand made contact with my cheek.

"I didn't ask you to speak. You're such a disgrace and an embarrassment."

"I'm not the one that's beating on someone." I said quietly, but he heard.

He gripped my neck and pushed my further into the wall.

"What did you just say?" He spat.

"I-I didn't say anything." I chocked out.

He gripped my neck tighter and cut off my air supply.

"Don't lie to me. Next time you have a comment, you say it straight to my face."

He threw me to the ground and ran a hand through his hair.

"Get out of my sight." He spat.

I ran upstairs to my room and collapsed into my bed. silent sobs echoed throughout my room.

Ever since my mom died he always treats me like this. He tells me her death was my fault.

I hate my dad, day after day I have to deal with his torture. most of the bruises are covered by my clothing.

Most the bruises are from being hit, punched and beaten, and others are burns.

When I got up from my bed I looked in the mirror and saw a dark hand mark around my neck.

"I can't take this anymore." I whispered.

A couple hours later I walked downstairs and saw he was passed out in the couch, he was clinging to a Jack Daniels bottle.

"Asshole." I whispered.

The front door was already locked, so I went back upstairs and closed my door then quietly opened my window.

Once I jumped from the window I started running and didn't stop.

After what seemed like hours I kept running, my chest burned and my throat was completely dry.

When I saw car headlight I bolted into the woods, i didn't know if it was his car or not I had I be careful.

Some of his friends are cops and I don't want them to take me back and then I'll be In worse trouble.