Chapter 5

Usually I just "unfocus" on my fellow student wings when at school, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to pay enough attention to my school work.

However, today I looked to see what their thoughts on the new student were. I started noticing two different things.

1. A lot of girls has a faint pink color for attraction.

2. More boys than usual had an odd shade of green.

If Seth was correct about hearing that the new student was "hot" then the pink on the girls wings made sense.

Seth and I had showed up later than usual so I hurried to Art.

"Hello class, today we are receiving a new student from quite far away. So please try and make him feel welcome." After Mrs. Hamkin finished the announcement, she walked over to her desk and sat down.

"His name is Domick and..."

I didn't hear the rest of the announcement because he had just walked into the room.

Sure, he was really attractive but his wings.

They were pitch black.

I had never seen wings that dark before, in fact I don't think I had ever even seen black wings. I knew dark brown meant unhappiness, so what did black mean?

He looked around the room and did a double take when he saw me. His wings never changed color but I could see that he somehow recognized me.

Considering I have never seen him before in my life, I was confused.

Even if his wings didn't change color they still moved. His wing stretched towards me. Almost as if they wished I was between them.

Mrs.Hamkin was still droning on about what we were doing today so I really needed to "unfocus" on him and pay attention.

I was attempting to do just that when he stared walking towards me. I looked around to see if there were any open seats farther from me, and there were.

Domick chose the one right next to me.

I knew that I should just ignore him. Everyone eventually left me anyway, but I couldn't resist looking over at his wings to see if they were as dark as I remembered.

When I built up the nerve to glance over, I saw his eyes were already on me.

"Now why is such a lovely lady like yourself over here all by herself." He deep voice washed over me.

I looked around to see who he was calling lovely lady. He chuckled so I looked back at him, and quickly got lost in his bright, silver eyes.

"Yes, I am talking to you. You got a name?"

I had been checking out his wings since the first glance but wow his body was just as amazing. He was taller than me, little over 6 foot and packed with muscle. I had always been an arms kinda girl, and he had plenty. His silver eyes were paired with pitch black hair and dark stubble.

If I had any type of fantasy man, this was it. In other words, my type of guy.