Chapter 12

I couldn't stop myself from worrying about Domick. Has he already forgotten me? Will he quit being nice to me the next time I see him?

Maybe him forgetting me would be the best thing for me.

If I cut him off now instead of later, maybe it would hurt less. Either way I needed to distance myself from him.

I was already pushing my luck by having one guy friend. The odds were that he'll just meet another girl in school that he will like better than me eventually.

We had just met today, and for whatever reason he chose to only talk to me in our classes, and plenty of girls were checking him out. Their wings had a tint of pink showing by just looking at him.

And green when they looked at me.

But now that we are separated, he'll probably find someone better fitted to him someone more attractive, confident, and normal.

After the bell rung I took my time getting out of the classroom. I wanted to give him plenty of time to leave in case he had found someone else to show him around.

Sure enough, when I finally left the classroom, he was leaning against a wall with Aubrey all over him. Man, my heart hurt.

He hadn't seen me yet, so I quickly ducked into a crowd to blend in and get to my next class.

I don't know why my heart hurts like this. I was so focused on my feelings, I didn't even check their wings. That was probably for the best because it would hurt me more to see the mutual pink that showed their attraction that they had for each other.

I finally made it to my class with Seth. Calculus, the worst class in school history.

Seth was sitting in his usual seat in the middle of class, I slid into the seat behind him.

Seth turned around "Soooo, tell me everything."

"What ever do you mean." I ask innocently.

Seth just gave me a look.

"Fine, but there's nothing to tell. He was with Aubrey when I left class." I sighed dejectedly. "Maybe this is for the best, you know how these things usually end."

Seth looked deep in thought, "I think this time will be different."

"You said that last time."

"That was mostly to keep your spirits up. I knew that guy wasn't man enough for you, but Domick, now he's a man. Did you see the way he was holding you. One word, po-ssess-ive." Seth just kept rambling on. "I really debated messing with you just to see how jealous he would get."

I laughed, "Okay, okay, stop. I get your point. I agree Domick is a very fine man, but I really don't think he was that jealous."

Seth would give me too much hope if I believe Domick actually cared that much about me.

"As a fellow man, all I can say is I know a jealous man when I see one."

We laughed but I sobered up when I thought about how Aubrey was
probably going to take my spot beside him. Soon based on what I saw in the hallway.

That was probably for the best.

Then why did my heart hurt so much.