Chapter 9

Every time Domick touched me he set off butterflies in my stomach.

And they didn't feel as good as books portray, more like a bad cramp. Also, I'm pretty sure that every time he so much as looks at me, I'm as red as a tomato. I can't help but react like that, he's an attractive guy and for some odd reason, into me.

I think.

At least, he didn't like Seth touching me, his wings had finally changed color. Barely though, his black wings had turned a little green at the feathers tips. I don't see that color every day so I wasn't quite sure what it meant.

The fact that he didn't want to let go of my hand also helps prove my point. I'll admit that I kinda liked that he didn't want me to let him go. Sometimes Seth says I'm "overcautious" and should "let loose" to let more people in my life, that's probably why he didn't help save me when Domick first came over.

That and the fact that Seth had a weakness for attractive people, man or woman.

"So is Seth your friend... or more." Domick said the last word with distain.

Jealousy.

That was what green meant.

"He's just a friend, my best friend." I clarified, I didn't add that he was also my only friend.

Domick grabbed my hand and squeezed it tighter, "So you friend-zoned him." He chuckled.

I let out a surprised laugh and shook my head. "He bats for the other team, if you know what I mean."

"Oh" He nodded but looked like he didn't understand.

We finally made it to class, I usually sat along the wall by the window. Not a lot of people sat in my row because the sun would reflect off the desk and bother their eyes. I don't mind it, no people in front of me also helps me not get distracted by looking at their wings or blocking my view.

Once I sat down I looked up at Domick to see where he would sit, and he was glaring down at the poor kid that sat in the next row beside me.

Wade was kinda a nerd, he had glasses, acne, was quiet, smart, and didn't have a lot of friends. He was my partner if we had to partner up for a project since we both didn't have friends in class.

"Move" Domick growled down at him.

Wade quickly scampered into a different desk away from us.

"That wasn't very nice." I commented.

Domick just slid in the seat and looked over at me. "Did you see how he was looking at you?"

Ummmm what?

"H-he's not even my friend, just a partner sometimes." I stammered out in surprise.

"Trust me, he wanted to be more than just a partner." Domick sneered the last word and I noticed his wings were an even darker green than before.

A shocked laugh escaped me and I leaned towards him to whisper , "What makes you think that."

"Because I notice when someone wants what's mine."

My mouth dropped opened with shock, he was mean to poor Wade for no reason and that is not okay. So I turned around and didn't speak with him for the rest of the class period.