Chapter 8

Domick

I could tell I made her nervous.

Before the bell had rung she was starting to finally relax around me, but the moment the bell rung she tensed back up and curled into herself. I wanted to walk her to her next class but she rushed out the door before I could offer.

I quickly threw my school crap into my bag and rushed after her. When I turned the corner I let out a sigh of relief at being able to see her again.

Until I saw she was with someone already.

Someone who was a boy.

He had his arm slung over her shoulders. The only thing that stopped me from walking over there and tearing his arms off was the uncomfortable look on her face as she looked around.

That better not be her boyfriend. My beast pushed me to go and claim her in front of everyone, especially that boy.

I settled for stomping over and ripping her out from under his arm.

"I was hoping you could help show me around the school." I meant for it to be a question, but it came out more as a command.

We might have met not that long ago but I still felt oddly possessive of her. Maybe it was because of the mission, maybe because of her. I didn't want to ponder too much on it.

I was glaring at him as I asked her, challenging him to try and stop her from coming with me.

"B-but... Seth?" She looked at Seth as if to give her a reason to say no to me.

He stared at me then looked down at the possessive way I was holding her.

Seth smirked, "I don't see why not, and you can even use him as an excuse if you're late". The bell was going to ring in a few minutes, so we had plenty of time to get to our classes.

He walked off and I looked down at her. Kira snatched my schedule out of my hands with a huff.

"We have art, chemistry, history, and english together. Right now, we have history and that's upstairs, so we gotta hurry." She grabbed my arm then paused.

I felt her lightly squeeze in appreciation, my beast immediately caused my muscles to swell even further in order to impress her. She looked horrified when she finally processed what she just did.

"S-sorry I didn't mean to grope you." She dropped her hand and started to hurry off.

It was just a touch on my arm but my beast acted like she had just petted and rubbed all over him, like he wanted us to do to her. I could of swore I still felt my skin tingling where she had touched me.

"Honey if that was your definition of groping me then you can grope me anytime."

I saw her blush, but she finally slowed down. "We should hurry to class if you want a good seat."

"As long as I'm next to you, I'll be alright." I had caught up to her so I grabbed her hand. She yanked it out, but I knew I'd get it back. I liked the way her hand felt cradled in mine too much not to.