37 - Lucky boys

Harry was beaming as he entered the room. He was always happy to see the boys.

   Snape was lost. He couldn't quite understand what was really happening, and although Harry was happy, he was anxious.

   "Boys. I know I keep bringing in new people, but there's someone else who I would like you to meet." Harry explained.

   The two boys turned around to look at who was there. In the doorway stood Snape, who had been dressed in black, and his hair fell across his face while his eyes gazed curiously upon them.

   Harry sat down on the carpet with them and looked up.

   "I would like you to meet my sons."

   Snape's eyes grew wide at the words Harry had just spoke. He began to wonder how much time had really passed. The thought of it boggled his mind. Snape began to take a few more steps into the room.

   Harry placed his hand of his oldest son's shoulder in which Harry's palm alone could cover.

   The boy had a toy train that had been made to look like the Hogwarts Express. You could tell it was his favorite toy. There were spots of paint that were missing and there was a small dent in the front of the engine itself.

   "This is James Sirius Potter." Harry said introducing him to Snape. Snape gave a smile as he looked at both Harry and James Sirius.

  "Looks just like you." Snape told Harry.

   Harry then turned to his other son who had been sitting on his opposite side. The boy was wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket with pictures of owls. He had gripped the blanket as tightly as he could.

   Lily Potter overheard her son's voice from above them, her head tilted up towards the stairs, and she began to move to go up them. She glanced behind her and her eyes met with James and Sirius. James got up from his seat and held her hand.

   They looked at each other unsure, and even through Harry assured them it was okay. they still had their doubts. James knew it was best if Lily continued making her way up the stairs on her own.

   She made her way down the hall. Passing by Ginny, who was just about to put Lily Luna to bed in her and Harry's room. And soon Lily reached the open room at the end of the hall and she began to watch what was going on inside.

   "And this," Harry began, "is Albus Severus Potter." Snape felt his heart skip a beat.

   "Albus Severus?" He thought. Is he joking? Snape's jaw was to the floor. He had lost all words. Snape's eyes were locked on Albus and he moved in closer.

   His eyes. They were just like hers. Bright green. He glanced back to Harry.

   "Lucky boys." Snape thought to himself. Snape smiled ear to ear and Harry was beaming. Snape wrapped his arms around Harry.

   Lily gasped and her arms flew up to cover her mouth. Once she lowered her arms from her face, she revealed the contagious smile she caught.

   Snape's eyes were filled with tears, and not a moment later, he finally managed to find the only two words he could mutter,

   "Thank you."