40 ~ Recognized

Snape hadn't left his room all day. Morning had become night in what felt like an hour. Harry wanted to go in and just talk but he remembered what Ginny had said about giving him some space. He couldn't imagine how Snape would be feeling. He cared for Lily, and he threw away their relationship in a moment.

This was not going to be easy. For both of them. Harry believed Snape was a good person. Snape cared for Lily, and although he wasn't too fond of Harry from the start. He was more like Lily then he ever realized.

   Snape could hear people talking in the main room. He heard their conversation about the redecorating of Grimmauld Place. That they recently painted the walls and brought in new furniture to replace the old furniture. He overheard Sirius say, "I couldn't stand to look at that old furniture! Honestly I'm glad that we got rid of it!"

   Snape noticed the voices we're familiar. He had kept trying to listen to who was there, but he couldn't put a name to the voice. Snape was curious, and eventually he had decided he needed to look. He sat up and got up from the bed and onto his feet.

   He grabbed the brassy doorknob and slightly cracked open the door just enough to see what had been going on, and as he peered through the tiny gap he made, he saw a man and a woman.

   The man, who was seated on a leather couch, had a bright red head of hair, similar to Ginny's, and what seemed to be thousands of freckles splattered all across his face. The woman, who had sat with her head leaning on the red headed mans shoulder, had long, puffy brown hair and dark brown eyes.

   Just then, Snape had recognized them. It was Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger. He remembered all the times he would pick on the trio and take points from Gryffindor because of the smallest things they would do. He had to admit it, he was harsh, but it made him laugh.

   Suddenly, Hermione turned to Snape's door. She had saw that someone was there watching them, but couldn't tell who, until she noticed a man with jet black hair closing the door as quick as possible. Hermione's jaw dropped and she quickly glanced over to her best friend.

   "Harry." She called. Harry looked over to see Hermione, who appeared to be on the edge of the couch. Hermione's eyes quickly glanced over to the door and looked back at Harry.

   At first Harry looked confused, and glanced in the direction Hermione had looked. Not a moment later, he realized she was looking at the guest room that was occupied by Snape. Harry looked back at Hermione and gave an affirmative nod.

   Hermione leapt off the couch and grabbed Ron and Harry by their wrists to pull them aside.

  "Excuse us for just a minute." Said Hermione as she dragged her two best friends to another room.

   "Harry are you serious?!" Hermione asked with a look of utter shock, "You must be joking."

   Ron was totally lost. Hermione was very attentive to her surroundings, while Ron lacked that skill. Without Hermione, Ron and Harry probably wouldn't be alive.

  "Someone tell me what's going on." Ron told his friends.

   "Well Ronald." Hermione began, "It appears to me that Severus Snape is here at Grimmauld Place." Ron's eyes grew wide. He glanced over to Harry, who gave him the same nod he gave Hermione.

  "You can't be serious." Ron commented.

   "Look. It probably sounds crazy, but I had a vision that Snape was standing in the Graveyard in Godric's Hollow." Harry began to explain.

  "Harry, ever since I met you, nothing ever seems that crazy anymore." Hermione told Harry.

   Harry laughed at her comment and then he continued his story, "Anyways, I decided to go to Godric's Hollow and there he was. Just standing there."

   Harry noticed Ron and Hermione looking at each other uncertainly.

   "But look, I know in the past he was definitely um- questionable, but I also know for a fact he's not a bad person. I've seen his memories and he was once close with my Mother." Harry took a breath, "Snape regrets what he said. He protected me for her. I give him my trust."