CHAPTER TWENTY TWO : THE HELL

DUA'S POINT OF VIEW

The weather had been bad yesterday but today everything is nice because my holiday has been granted. I was over excited. I have to call Esha and tell this good news first. I tried calling her sixteen time and her phone is switched off. What can I do having such a dumb friend? Inaaya have night shift today and wouldn't attend my call. I am not ready to get ignored knowingly. I went home quite early this evening and found dozens of slippers in front of my home.

Who started a shoe shop here? Probably my mom have brought some groom for me to see. I was well prepared to reject this guy without even looking at his face. I don't want to get married. I went inside expecting a huge crowd of people sitting along with the groom. But No, there was only a group of little women talking with my mom and dad. Who is she? Why is these many slippers lying out? I questioned.

"Come Dua" my mom invites me. I went by and stood beside my dad.

"You look really pretty" that aunty compliments me. Why is she buttering too much?

"Yeah we are also done searching a good groom for her" my mom starts the topic. Why is she telling about this to an outsider!

"Oh even I am searching a good bride for Zayd, but since he is in abroad he tends to reject every girl. He reached India yesterday only, would be glad if I find a bride like Dua"

What is this aunty planning? Why a bride like ME?

"Why a bride like Dua? We will give our Dua only" my mom tells so casually.

WHAT! ME? BRIDE? FOR HER SON? HELL NO!

"That is a very good idea. I will discuss and then call you by today and then we will plan the arrangemnts." that aunt literally said it.

"Aunty no hopes. I want some time to think" I cut off her imagination.

"Its okay dear. Take your time" she still have a strong hope on her eyes that I will eventually accept.

"So let me take my leave" she gets up and walks towards the entrance. My parents went to send her off. I am not getting married at any cost. I won't! I have to sort this drama out.

"What is Happening dad? Who is she?" I asked once my dad entered back

"Remember Farhan uncle? His wife only. Their son is a well settled doctor also. After working in abroad he came here finally" my dad said about him.

"He would be good for you Dua" my mom tried convincing me.

I can't reject it in one go. I will convince my parents slowly. That's how you have to deal Indian parents! I went and tried calling Esha again. Where the hell she is? Why isn't she picking my call. It was almost seven in the evening and still no call came from that aunty. Maybe her son didn't accept. Good only!

I opened my Instagram to scroll some memes, and find Esha texted me. Why is she texting me on instagram? What is wrong with her phone?

I opened her message and it read:

"Dua, this Aadhvik threw my phone out and I don't have my phone now."

"From which device are you texting me if you don't have a phone?" I asked

"I am texting from my laptop you idiot"

"Why did he throw your phone by the way" I knew she probably must have committed something really stupid but let me hear it from her mouth.