CHAPTER SIXTY : SUFFOCATING

I as usually woke up late in the morning and came out of my room around eleven. My dad's office begin a week prior to summer holidays so he went early morning. I found my mom talking to a tall, fat and somehow elderly uncle in the living room.

"How are you dear?" He asked me.

"Yeah Uncle. I am fine!" I faked a smile and rushed to ask Ruhi about him.

"Ruhi, who is he?" I asked.

"He is a family lawyer Mr.Verma." Ruhi said unwillingly.

"Why is the lawyer here now? Is there any land issues?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Don't be dumb Esha. What job does a family lawyer play in land disputes? Mom called him to apply divorce for you."

What?

"Ruhi don't lie..... Please it's of no jokes!" I went and sat next to Ruhi hoping she is pranking me.

"Esha, I really didn't want to tell you. But mom is too stubborn. I can't help it. It's you who have to sort out things now. I will help you in all ways possible." Ruhi makes me accept the reality.

"Esha here." my mom stretches a paper forward. I knew it was the divorce papers. My heart sunk on the sight of that papers.

"What is this Ma?" I asked casually pretending to not know anything.

"Divorce papers Esha. Sign it as soon as possible. We have to proceed it within two weeks." My mom says smiling and before I could talk something she left to the kitchen.

Oh god! What is this now?

"Ruhi what to do now? How am I gonna talk to mom about this?" I said bitterly.

"It's your life Esha. It's you who have to talk. I said I will stand with you but I can't intiate anything here"

"Esha...... Breakfast is ready! Come!!" My mom screames from the kitchen and I went to have my morning breakfast at eleven thrity. Typical me!

My mom took the plate and served a lots and lots of food that my tummy would erupt by eating this much.

"Ma, enough I can't eat much" I said.

"Sit quietly and finish all this. Look how thin you became. All your collorbones are visible!" She exclaimed.

"I became thin because I used to roam in my house from morning till evening." I said smiling at my mom. I made sure not to bring Aadhvik's name here. But my mom started noticing my each and every word.

"Your home?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Ahh...No! I mean just home." I gave a blank smile not knowing how to tackle her.

"How long you are going to eat the food cooked by mom? When the hell are you going to learn cooking by youself?" Ruhi yells.

"Oh! Yes I know how to cook some dishes." I said with a goofy grin on my face.

"Is this my Esha? Are you serious? When did you learn? How did you learn?" Ruhi comes and takes the seat next to me curiously.

"Once Aadhvik had fever and still he woke up and cooked dinner for me. I felt kind of bad so yeah I leaned some basic cooking with so much efforts. Mm... I wanted to cook his favourite fried rice but before that itself I came here." I said with a small chuckle on my face.

"There would be advanced cooking equipments so it would be easy for you to learn cooking." Ruhi comments.

"Not only latest equipments. You know right his home is that big. It has swimming pools, garden and very good bed unlike ours Ruhi. And plus the whole house is centralized. You can use it all day long." I said with a Awe.