CHAPTER THIRTY SIX : FOUND

After an hour of waiting I saw the black jaguar pulling up. Damn! He finally came. Thank goodness. Let him come up. I waited for him and he dashed inside his cabin hurriedly.

"What happened? Are you okay?" He asked.

"How did you know I was here" I raised my eyebrows.

"I saw you peeping out from the glass window" he sighed.

"Anyways listen. I was coming upstairs............................................That was the same person whom I saw that day in the bus" I narrated him the whole story.

"That day means which day?" He asked.

"The day when the file was lost" I told it clearly this time. He didn't have any reaction on his face. He just nodded and sat down to work.

"Why you so cool?" I asked him.

"We will enquire when she comes back. You sit down now why are you standing." He commanded.

When will she come and when is he going to enquire? ughh! I wasn't at all in a mood to take the seat so I preferred walking around his cabin. I kept looking out from the glass window and after three hours she came.

"Veronica came! She came! Aadhvik" I shouted in excitement.

"Shh..Why you shouting now" he whispered while covering my mouth. This time I made sure not to look into his eyes. I kept my stare deep down to earth. I won't look! No! No!

"She will come now. Wait!" He moved towards his door and waited for her to come inside.

"Ms. Veronica, can I have you inside? " he called her. She actually came inside not knowing I was there too.

"Good morning. " she greeted him.

"Where did you go during office hours?" He asked.

"Sir I went to give the file 2436 to the head office for the next weeks board meeting. Since Driver Raj was on leave I decided to go. Sorry Sir" Veronica looked at me slightly.

How could she lie this fluently? She lies better than me. That's not fair. Only I can be good at lying.
Aadhvik suspiciously took his phone and dialed the head office and enquired about the file.

He rolled his eyes in anger clearly indicating he is pissed because Vernoica lied. Veronica looked at me helplessly indicating me to help but I myslef is helpless right now. I myself have to find it out.

"You didn't go to give the file. Better tell me the truth or I will make sure you will regret. " he sounded so dangerous that I myself took a step back.

"Sir I-I went with my....my boyfriend" she started crying. Aadhvik's gaze turned towards me. I gave him a confused look.

"Veronica I am sure he is not your boyfriend. I will take care please tell me Atleast. " I tried convincing her to let the truth out.

"No! Esha he is Nakul" she shouted.

Eh? Is he Nakul? But why did he come on the bus that day? Was that a coincidence?

"Remember you were running that day down. The day when the file was lost. Why were you running?" I tried remembering her.

"Yeah. That day Nakul came to see me. Usually he doesn't come to office but that day he came" she said weeping.

Aadhvik started to talk but I caught his hand indicating him not to open his mouth and to my surprise he stopped talking and let me enquire. Surprising isn't it?

"Was Nakul carrying some file that day" I asked her

"No he didn't. " she firmly replied.

"Fine did you tell him something about the file earlier?" I am interrogating so much that I had to get to the bottom of it.