12

Me and Damon get to the boarding house. I sigh and sit on the couch with a groan as Damon goes to the drinks. He looks back at me holding up Bourbon and I nod. He pours us drinks when I feel a shift in the air and looks over my shoulder.

"I think it's about time we had a drink, don't you?" Nik asks Damon.

"I'd say we're overdue." Damon says looking back at him. He walks over and gives me my drink before going back to pour two more.

"Well, you've been so busy, what with all your plotting and scheming." Nik says as I bring my legs up onto the couch to lay down.

"You know me-- never miss a chance to plan an epic failure." Damon says and I chuckle.

"Well if you bothered to include me I would have told you it was going to fail." I tell him with a glare." Then maybe no one would have gotten hurt." I say with spite. Damon clears his throat.

"I apologized, multiple times." He tells me. I scoff.

"Yet Im still in pain." I say and down my drink. I hold my empty glass to Damon and he grabs it giving me a refill.

"Don't be so hard on yourself." Nik says walking closer."Who would have guessed your own brother would betray you?" Nik asks as he stands in front of Damon.

"Well, I did have a front-row seat when your sister lied to you." Damon says back.

"Don't be a dick." I tell him and Nik looks back at me with a smirk. 

"Yeah, well, she's fickle that one. And you say you have no idea of her whereabouts?" Nik asks Damon but glances at me.

"That's the thing with younger siblings. you just never know what there going to do." Damon says. "Drink?" Damon asks and pours himself another. Nik looks back to me and I shrug.

Damon turns back around and hands Nik a glass.

"Cheers, mate."

"Down the hatch."

Damon takes a gulp as Nik takes a sip."You know, we've actually got a lot in common, you and I." Nik tells Damon.

"Really, heh." Damon says and I roll my eyes as I get comfortable knowing exactly where this conversation is headed. "Well, yeah, maybe we can bond over our mutual loathing of my brother. Why are you so mad at him? He stole something?"

"My family. The originals. I had them daggered, boxed up, awaiting the day when I saw fit to wake them. And he went in and pinched the bloody lot." Nik says and at that, I sit up.

"He stole the Originals?" I speak up and they both turn to me. I try to remain cool. "What a dick."I say trying to play it off.

I pull out my phone and text Lucifer.

'Stefan stole the original family. What do I do?' I ask. I get a reply fast.

'Get them back'

"Fuck." I speak up and they stop talking and look to me. I stand with a groan and put a hand over my wound.

I walk over to them and show them my phone.

"Looks like I need to hunt down Stefan. The Originals are important to Lucifer, and Stefan just pissed him off." I told Damon.

Nik smirks.

"Now me and you both know what an excellent hunter I am and when I want something I get it. If I have to hurt Stefan the doppelganger to get to it I will." I say and walk to my room.

I kneel to the floor and grab a Knife when I hear two sets of footsteps follow me. I take my jacket off and slit two lines up my arms.

"Shasta. Please, don't." Damon says.

"I have my orders. I never go against my brother. You wouldn't either if yours was Satan." I tell him as I draw a pentagram on the floor. Damon speeds off. Nik stays.

"Brother. Show me the way. Tell me what to do. I need your guidance. Where is the original family?" I call out I hear whispers and I listen closely. But then I feel something else and I start choking.

"Shasta?" Nik asks worried.

"Witches." I hiss out as I can't breathe. Stupid ancestors.

"The old witch house." I say and grab Nik's are showing him what I saw. He nods and speeds off. I crawl out of the pentagram and the pain stops.

I look at the floor and myself and huff."What a bloody mess." All of a sudden I feel a pull. Rebekah. I hear a voice whisper. I follow the pull to the cellar and see her daggered on the floor. I scoff.

"She was right under my nose the whole time." 

I pick her up and run her to Nik's house. I pass her to a hybrid.

"Tell Niklaus that's its a gift from his Demon." I tell Tyler and he nods.

I get back home and see Damon.

"Are you mad at me?" I ask him and he sighs.

"No. Kinda cant be. Your brother's Lucifer. No way in hell are you gonna see me telling him no." He says and I chuckle.

"Good. Cause I don't like fighting with you and you and Luci are already on thin ice. He almost came down here to kill you himself when you got me stabbed." I tell him and he looks down.

"I never wanted you to get hurt. I would never want you to get hurt." Damon says and I sigh.

"Someone will always get hurt as long as the doppelganger is involved. You will eventually see. They are no good. I should know, my brother created them." I tell him and Damon looks shocked.

I sigh and go to my room. I was about to take a shower when my phone rings. 

Nik. 

"Hello." I say into the phone.

' Thank you for your help in returning my family.' I chuckle.

"Did you get Rebekah?" I ask.

'Yes.'

"Good. Listen you caught me at a bad time. Im covered in my own blood and still need to clean the floor. So if you don't mind I'll talk to you later, ya?" I ask and he chuckles.

'Yes, love. Bye.'

"Bye"