14

With a sigh, I pick up my dress as I exit the car and nod to the driver. I walk in and go down the stairs. I stop walking as Damon steps in front of me.

"Well don't you look beautiful?" He asks me and I smile. 

"And you look handsome," I tell him and he smiles.

A throat clears and I look to my left to see Niklaus. I give him a smile.

"He's right you know. You do look beautiful." Niklaus says and I look away with a slight blush. When I turn back to him I knew he saw me blush from the smirk playing on his lips.

Me and Nik talk and dance until Im stolen away by Rebekah and Kol. I was talking to Elijah when I get a pull.

"We are going to do the waltz soon." Elijah tells me and I squeeze his arm. 

"Tell Niklaus Im sorry but I can't dance at the moment." I say and speed away upstairs and to a bathroom. I look into the mirror and see Lucifer behind me.

"Brother? What's wrong?" I ask.

"Don't let them drink the Champaign. The witch is up to something." He tells me.

"Esther?" I ask him. He nods and disappears.

I go back downstairs to see Rebekah and Kol talking together. I step up to them.

"When your mother gives her speech, don't drink the Champaign. Pretend to but don't drink it." I tell them. Kol grabs my elbow stopping me from leaving.

"Why? What's going on?" Kol asks and I sigh.

"Just do as I say. When have I ever led you astray. Trust me." I tell them. They both nod and I tell the same to Elijah and he agrees.

Niklaus approaches me. I take his hand and take him outside. I walk us over to the horse's and I pet them.

"When your mother gives her speech, pretend to drink the Champaign but don't drink it. She's planning something." I tell him and he steps closer to me. His chest against my back.

"How do you know this?" Nik asks and I sigh.

"Lucifer told me." I tell him and turn around." Promise me you won't drink it." I tell him worried. He puts his hand on my cheek and I relax.

"I won't drink it." He tells me and I nod. "Good." I sigh and look away."I-I lied to you the other day." I tell him. He freezes and a frown covers his face.

"What?" He says sounding hurt and I sigh.

"I told you that Lucifer made a deal with your mother. But it- it wasn't Lucifer...It was me. I made the deal." I tell him and his frown deepens in his confusion.

"I don't understand. What was the deal?" He asks me and I step back. He takes notice.

"Your mother. When Henrik died. She was never strong enough. Strong enough to turn her family into vampires. So I helped. She added my blood to the spell and I made it be. Im the reason your family was turned into vampires. " I tell him and his eyes widen."She sees you as abominations. She's trying to kill you and your siblings. I made you if you all die apart of me dies too." I tell him not wanting to tell him that they are linked to me.

He nods."Im not angry." He tells me and pulls me closer.

"I." I start to say but stop and look away.

"What?" He asks. I sigh and look at his neck. I trace the mark on his neck his eyes close as he takes my hand and traces my mark.

"We're mates." I tell him and his eyes snapped open. He drops my hand as he glares.

"You knew." He states already knowing I sigh but nod. He scoffs.

"How long?" He asks and my eyes sting.

" A while.  It didn't take long for Lucifer to get back to me. He told me to leave you so our bond wouldn't grow anymore, but after spending two months with you already, I was in too deep. My wolf and demon would have never let me leave." I try to explain. He just angrily stares at me. "Please don't be angry." I whimper out. He looks away and sighs.

"Im not angry at you, I don't think I can be and that makes me angry at myself." He says.

"Im sorry." I tell him. I turn around to walk away when he pulls me back.

"Just. Give me time. That's all I need. I promise Im not angry." He says and I nod. He nods and lets me go and I go home after making sure they didn't drink the Champaign.