17

I wake up to a shrill ringing. I turn over to see my phone with a sigh I answer it."Hello?"

"It's your favorite Original. You should come down and help me. Damons done something stupid." Rebekah says and I chuckle.

 " I'll see you in a bit." I tell her and hang up

An hour later I walk into the original's house and find Rebekah cutting Damon who was hanging from bear traps.

I laugh when I see him.

"Help me." Damon grits out and I shake my head.

"Nope. I told Ric to tell you and your friends that the Originals are under my protection and I'd kill anyone who tried to hurt them." I told him."Your lucky I like you, Damon, I won't kill you. Yet." I tell him and he groans.

"I thought I heard your beautiful laugh, love." Nik says as he comes in and smiles at me. I give him a big smile back He kisses my cheek.

"I have a witch to watch over. Come see me after?" Nik asks and I nod.

My smile wipes away as I turn back to Damon. I sigh. "I warned you about the Doppelganger Damon. Why won't you listen to me?" I ask him."You say you care for me but I don't think you do. Which means I should no longer care for you. And that would make you my enemy." I tell him and Damon shakes his head.

"No. I do. I do care. I love you. Sister please." He begs.I look away from him. "Shasta. I'll stop. I promise." Damon tells me and I nod but groan.

I scream as I fall to my knees with my hand clutching my chest above my heart. I look at my hand to see it turning grey and look at Damon with tears in my eyes.

"What's wrong?" Rebekah asks holding me on my knees.

"What's happening?!" Nik comes in worried dragging Bonnie.

I glare at Bonnie and Damon."What did you do?" I say before my world turns dark and I stop breathing.

I wake up with a gasp and claw at my throat."Shhhh." Someone coos and runs their fingers through my hair. I look over and see Rebekah holding me. I try to sit up and she helps me but I groan.

"Shasta?" I hear Damon and I let out a cry as my chest hurts. Nik speeds over and helps me up.

"Shasta?" Stephan calls to me and I shake my head.

"You killed him." I whisper out as I look at my hand as it shakes. It's so pale it's almost grey.

"You don't look so good love." Nik says and I look up to him. 

"I don't feel good." I say and pass out. I wake up in a bed with silk sheets. I make my way out to realize I'm in Nik's home still. I go down the stairs and follow the voices.

"The Salvatores might fight like dogs but in the end, they would die for each other. At least they know what family means. You destroyed ours." Rebekahs tells Nik and I stop in the doorway.

"I wanted a family. They just didn't want me." Nik says and my heart breaks. "And now we're unlinked. Wr're no longer responsible for each other."

" So,  are you leaving?" Rebekah asks hurt.

As soon as I get my stakes, Im gone. Im going to take Elena and use her blood to create a new family of hybrids." Nik says and this time my heart breaks for me. He was just gonna leave. All that about not wanting me to leave was because he was gonna leave. With that, I walk out of the house and to the boarding house.

I go up to Damons room to see him sleeping. I crawl into bed with him and lay my head on his chest. He wakes up with a sigh.

"Shasta?" He asks surprised. I nod unable to say anything, cause if I do an ugly sob will sneak its way out."Are you ok? I was worried." He asks as he sits up and turns on the light. He holds my face in his hand."You look sick." He says with pain in his eyes.

"No more. No more Elena." He says and I nod and sob."Hey, hey, hey. What's wrong?" He asks me.

"It hurts Damon." I cry out. I rub my chest. He moves my Jacket away and winces. On my chest, over my heart is grey and veiny.

He lays me down on his chest and runs his fingers through my hair.

"Sleep. You need to sleep." He says and I do knowing he'll keep me safe.