Chapter 30:

Johnny and I shoot up, and quickly crawl away from each other, fixing our hair and clothes as we stayed an appropriate length away from each other, pretending to be invested into the TV show, just in time as Darry walks through the doorway.

"Hey" we greet him in unison, "how was work?" I ask, "good" he responds, "what did you guys do all day?" he asks as he sets down his work bag in a chair.

"We just hung out with the girls from last night" Johnny says effortlessly.

Darry eyes us curiously, "I saw those girls checking out when I left in the morning" he says, I gulped.

"What did you guys do?" he asks again, more serious this time, "alright, fine, we went for a walk around the town" I admit, and Darry's eyes widen, not in anger, but concern.

"I told you not to go anywhere, you guys could've been jumped!" he says strictly, "but we didn't! We didn't even get looked at!" I exclaim, not mentioning the part in the store, "We aren't greasers here. We are normal kids here" I tell him, giving him my best pleading look.

He looks back and forth between Johnny and I before saying, "everything really went okay?"
"Yes" I tell him, and he nods his head, "okay then, I'm glad you had fun" he says.

Well that was easier than I thought it would be.

"Anyways it's time to go, get your stuff packed up, I checked us out" Darry says as he starts shoving his clothes in his bag.

Johnny and I get up and do the same.

This time on the way back, I was leaning against the door while Johnny was resting his head on my shoulder, his arm wrapped around my stomach, my hand resting on his comfortably.

***

We arrived back to the Curtis house when it was dark out. The lights from the house illuminating through the windows.

From the big window by the living room, I could see Two and Steve pretend that they are boxing, swinging weak punches slowly while over exaggerating their dodges.

My heart filled with joy and warmth at the sight of them.

At my big brothers.

We got inside and the smell of pasta filled my nostrils, "smells good! Who cooked?" Darry asks surprised, "Soda did!" Steve says as he ducks one of two's punches.

"It's still hot for ya's!" Soda says, walking into the living room, only a towel covering his toned body.

I tried to hide the blush, and turned around, heading towards the kitchen, "thank you!" I yell, I can hear Darry whisper yell "put some clothes on".

Johnny, Darry and I eat the pasta, which was actually really good, before Johnny left to go unpack his things.

I help clean up, and go to unpack mine, I ended up crawling into bed and falling asleep without even turning off the lights.

***

I woke up, my eyes widening as I feel a gush of wetness form in my underwear, followed by cramps.

I quickly get out of bed, someone must've shut off the lights because the room was now dark, and I stumbled around trying to find the door.

I finally found it and swung it open.

The rest of the house was dark indicating that everyone left, and everyone was in bed.

I quietly and quickly try to find my way to the bathroom, turning on the light and closing the door when I do.