Chapter 43:

*One week later*

I was in the kitchen waiting for the toaster to pop up, my stomach grumbling in impatience when the front door opened.

My grip on the butter knife in my hand tightened, and I spin around, on edge from being at the Curtis house alone, but instantly relaxed once I saw that it was just Johnny.

He looked over at me, and then down to the butter knife in my hand which was the only part of my body that didn't relax, my grip still tight on the metal of the handle.

"Are you gonna stab an intruder with a butter knife?" he asks walking into the kitchen, his black converse still tied to his feet.

"It'll be a lot more difficult than with a normal knife, but with enough force, speed, and pressure it'll find it's mark" I tell him, turning around once the toast popped up.

"I bet it will" he says walking up to me, wrapping his arms around my waist, his warmth pressed against my back.

I melted into him like the butter melted into the toast.

I could never get tired of his touch.

"You feeling better?" I ask him, last night he said he wasn't feeling good.

His head buries itself into the side of my neck as I finish buttering the last piece of toast, "yes" he says, his voice tickling my neck.

"I'm home alone for the day, if you want to... hang out" I tell him with a suggestive tone to it.

I could feel his smile on my neck as he gently kisses it before pulling back, resting his chin on my shoulder, "I would, but Sylvia invited Dally and I over to her place for the day" he tells me.

Oh.

I place the butter knife on the counter and turn around to face Johnny, "to her place?" I ask confused.

It would make sense if it was just Dally who she invited over to her house, but Johnny too? Wouldn't he just be in the way or whatever?

"Yeah, she's having a couple friends over for cards and stuff, you can come if you want" he says.

"Thanks for the second hand invite, but I wouldn't want to intrude" I tell him, "I'm sure she wouldn't mind, she probably was going to invite you but forgot or something" he says and I hum in response.

"So are you going to come?" he asks.

Honestly, I really wanted to spend today alone with Johnny, but I would rather hangout with him and a bunch of other people than not being with him, "yeah, I guess" I tell him, turning back around to grab a piece of toast.

"When are we going?" I ask, "now, I just came to grab my jacket that I forgot" he says with a smile as he walks over to the couch where he hung up his jacket.

"Kins, did you see my jacket anywhere?" he asks.

I take another bite of my toast and walk into my room to grab it off my dresser where I left it after I went for a walk in it to get some groceries. 

"Right here" I tell him after I swallowed and got out of my room.

"Great, thanks" he says as he walks over to me, taking it out of my hand, "where was it?" he asks, "on my dresser" I tell him, "why?" he asks with a smile as he puts it on, "I got cold" I tell him not bothering to lie, and he just chuckles.

"Ready?" he asks, I nod my head, and we walk out the door.

"Do you even know where she lives?" I ask him confused as we walk farther away from the "greaser" housing and more into the "nicer" housing.