Chapter 44:

"-nch..." 

Johnny and I scramble off of each other, sitting at the farthest end of the couch.

Darry stares at us.

We stare at Darry.

The only difference between how we were looking at each other is that Darry was looking at us with outrage, and we were looking at Darry with guilt and fear.

Shit.

Haven't we learned our lesson yet?

"What the hell" Darry finally speaks through gritted teeth.

Nope. Apparently not.

"Darry, just calm down" I tell him, trying my best to keep my composure which was falling apart.

Out of all people. It was Darry who came back for lunch.

He never comes back for lunch.

I'm starting to think the world is trying to kill us.

Or at least conspiring against us.

"Calm down?" he asks, his face reddening.

He looked like an enraged bull.

"Yeah" I tell him taking a deep breath.

"You expect me just to be calm after what I just witnessed?" he growls.

Not this shit.

"What did you just witness?" I ask him, fully annoyed with his over protectiveness,.

"Don't try to play dumb with me I saw-" I cut him off, "you saw what exactly?" I ask him crossing my arms and standing up. I could see Johnny's eyes widen as he looked at me with a warning look.

Before he could answer I speak, "Darry, Johnny and I are dating. We hang out together, we talk, we hug, we hold hands, we kiss, we do everything couples do" I tell him, leaving out some of the other things we've done. 

"You're too young!" he yells defensively, "Darry, we're sixteen, don't you think that's for us to decide?" I ask him trying to stay as calm as possible so I don't piss him off more than I probably already have.

"Besides, it's not going to hurt you if we do" I tell you.

"What if you get pregnant?" He asks, his chest heaving up and down, his face and neck red.

That was my final straw.

I've made so many good points, and he didn't even listen to them.

"Darry! We were just making out! It's not like we were having sex!" I yell which catches him off guard.

I couldn't control what came out of my mouth next, "besides! we've done it before! And guess what Darry? I'm not pregnant!" I yell which completely shocks Darry, his stance shifting and his eyes widening. 

I didn't mean for that to come out.

"The hell did you just say?" he exclaims.

Again, my mouth betrayed me, "you heard what I said! Does that make me a little slut? Having sex at sixteen! Because I imagine it would if I'm too young for kissing! God forbid I get cooties! Hell God forbid I get an STD! What I don't understand is why you would even give me a condom in the first place! Maybe all that makes me a slut, but at least I'm not a God damn controlling lunatic!" I yell, having to take deep inhales to catch my breath.

I think I turned Darry into a bull.

His fists are clenched into a fist, his face, neck, and collarbone red, his nostrils flaring, and his eyebrows narrowed.