Chapter 54:

I woke up to a raspy groan coming from beside me.

With my eyes slowly fluttering open, I roll around, my arm wrapping around the warm solid object beside me.

"Good morning" I whisper, not having enough energy to speak up.

"Morning" Johnny responds as his hands slide up and down my bare back.

It's mornings like these that make me depressed for a whole different reason than the last.

The thought of not having his warm arms wrapped around me, protecting me from any harm, loving me with all he has, breaks me.

I take a deep breath in through my nose, his musky scent from last night invading my senses, making my heart skip a beat, and warmth spread on my cheeks.

I could feel the warm sun coming off from the window, making my bare leg which is draped over top of Johnny's warm and sun kissed.

I tried to ignore the flashbacks of last night, but they were too powerful, and soon enough I felt myself becoming angry.

Apparently I wasn't the only one who felt my muscle tense, and my breathing to intensify, "I know what you're thinking about, Kins" he says as he moves back a little to look me in my eyes.

His eyes were droopy from just waking up, and his hair ruffled from the activity we did together, his bare chest rising and falling as he takes calm breaths.

"I love you. You know that. Dally knows that. Sylvia knows that. Everyone knows that" he says, the sound of her name makes me cringe.

"If she knew than why did she make a move on you?" I ask him, taking my legs off of his.

Johnny's eyes lowered a bit as he broke eye contact, "talk about it later? I just want to spend the day with you" he says with a shy smile.

It's incredible how fast Johnny can change my mood.

He honestly deserves an award.

"Sounds perfect" I tell him as I press my forehead against his, "but five more minutes" I protest.

***

Five minutes ended up turning into another hour, and we barley got changed in time before Darry barged in with out knocking. 

We barely pulled it off too, we made up a lie saying that he came early in the morning and we started to hang out.

Surprisingly he believed it.

Johnny told me not to do anything around sunset time because he had something planned.

I begged him to tell me, but my puppy dog eyes and pleading voice only got me so far.

***

I anxiously waited, watching TV with Steve and Soda for Johnny to come and get me, and when he finally opened on the door, I was quick to jump up.

I rushed to the door, a bright smile on my face as I saw Johnny enter the dim lit house, his features making his skin look super soft.

"Hey handsome" I say as I wrap my arms around him.

He was quick to respond to the hug, his arms snaking to my waist, pulling me close to him.

"You ready?" he asks and I jump out of his arms, "yes" I tell him happily as I follow him out the door, waving Steve and Soda goodbye, I heard Steve yell something, but I was to focused on getting to what Johnny had planned that I didn't catch it.

We ended up walking to an field that perfectly overlooked the sunset, the sky beginning to shift into a beautifully blended daydream.

"Woah" I gasp in shock as I overlook the beautiful setting.