Nine months later...

"Em, you better hurry or we're going to be late."

I give myself one more glance in the mirror before heading out to the living room.

"I'm ready."

"Wow, Emma. You take my breath away."

I give him a quick kiss on the lips. "Thank you, David. You look very handsome yourself."

I met David at a gala hosted by some of my friends last year. We talked and danced that night and we both really enjoyed each others company so we exchanged numbers. We planned a date shortly after but David had to cancel last minute because there was an emergency at the hospital. We kept in touch after that but we didn't have our first official date until New Years Eve. And we've been dating ever since.

David's a pediatric surgeon at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. He's 6'3" with dark brown hair and blue eyes. He is incredibly good looking, sweet and romantic. We're happy together even though a part of me still thinks about, dreams about and fantasizes about a certain brown haired, green eyed, architectural engineer from Chicago. But I refuse to think about him now. He doesn't deserve my fantasies and David does.

We're headed to a fundraiser for the Childrens Hospital. Our friend Oliver organized it. He use to work with the children's hospital in Chicago when he lived there and once he was settled back here in Cincinnati he reached out to the children's hospital here. He got involved with the hospital after a friend of his lost his son to cancer at the age of two. That's something I can't even begin to imagine.

The event is at a downtown hotel and is black tie. David looks very sophisticated in his black tuxedo. I'm wearing a a silver sequin dress that hits me about mid calf and has a large slit in it. It has a plunging neckline with thin straps. I'm wearing my Christian Louboutin strappy silver heels and my blonde hair's in a messy updo. I feel good and a little sexy, which is a nice change. I feel like I fall more into the cute category. David seems to like my outfit a lot also.

I'm about go grab my evening bag when he pulls me up against him.

"Really Emma, you look amazing. I'm having second thoughts about going." He kisses his way down my neck. "I can think of a much better way to spend our evening."

I let him have his fun for a minute or two because he's really good at it but then I back away. "Sorry Doctor Reed you're going to have to wait to have your fun. We can't let the children down no can we."

"That's playing dirty Miss Jones. Using sick children against me."

"I'll make it up to you later, I promise."

We make it to the hotel and once we're inside we find our table but nobody is seated yet. We have a little while before dinner will be served so we go grab some drinks from the bar and go to look for our friends.

I spot the group on the other side of the room and we head over. On our way David's stopped by a colleague. He introduces me and then he tells me he'll be right over after they discuss a case they're working on.

"Hey there she is. We were beginning to think you guys weren't coming." Lily leans in and gives me hug. "Emma you look gorgeous."

"Thank you. So do you. Are you sure you just gave birth to Olivia a month ago? She looks amazing in black sequin dress that has kimono sleeves and is very flattering on her post baby figure.

"Very sure. Shes lucky she's cute because she's a handful."

Just then Oliver comes up behind her and kisses her on the cheek. "Just like her mama."

Lily laughs, "More like her daddy."

Everyone else says their hellos. It's Lily and Oliver, Andrew and Julia, Kate and Noah and Millie and Hunter.