I'm not fighting anymore...

I've looked forward to this night for a long time but right now I want it to be over so I can talk to Emma and hopefully convince her to come home with me. And preferably never leave.

We walk out to the main area where there's a stage set up for the band. They have a large red ribbon going across the front of the stage for me to cut as part of the ceremonial opening of Cassie's Hope.

I walk up on stage and take the microphone.

"Good evening everyone. Thank you all for coming out and supporting us. Cassie's Hope has been a dream of mine for awhile now and to see it become a reality is surreal. The idea behind this facility is that it will become a place of support, compassion, healing and hope. All of those things are things that we cling to while watching a loved one battle an illness. And even more so after the loss of a loved one. Cassie and I could of benefited greatly from a place like this after we lost Eli but unfortunately we didn't have one. I don't know if things would of turned out differently for Cassie if we had but I like to think it would of. The plaque out front says Once you choose hope, anything's possible. It has taken me almost three years to get to a place where I believe that. But I do believe it. The loss of both my son and my wife left me feeling hopeless for a long time but with support, compassion and hope I have finally been able to heal. Now I want to help others do the same and with all your help that is now possible. So again, thank you."

I take the scissors and pose for pictures with some of the doctors and board members and then I cut the ribbon.

"Now let's all enjoy the rest of the evening with some music and drinks."

The band starts to play and I join them in singing One Love by Bob Marley. After that I sing a few more songs with the band and then leave them to it so I go to mingle with the guests.

I feel a tap on my shoulder while I'm waiting for a drink at the bar. When I turn around I see it's Ashley. I haven't seen her since the night Emma walked in on her sucking my dick.

"Ashley. How are you?"

"I'm good. It's been a while. How are you?"

"I'm really good. Thanks for coming tonight."

"Of course. I had no idea you could sing like that."

"Yeah. One of my few talents."

She steps closer and runs a finger down my chest. "I remember you having quite a few really good talents. You look good Leo."

I take her hand and set it away from me.

"Thank you. You look nice too, but Ashley, I can't."

"Still hung up on the little blonde I take it. I assumed she was back with David. They look very cozy dancing together."

My head snaps up and I look around the room for Emma. Sure enough her and the doctor are dancing together.

"Excuse me." I leave my drink on the bar and head in their direction.

"Mind if I cut in?"

They pull apart and Emma smiles while the doctor looks pissed. I ignore him and hold my hand out to Emma.

"Dance with me?"

She looks at David and says, "Do you mind David? He's been busy all night and I would like to talk to him."

He can't say no without looking like a dick.

"Of course. Save me a dance later then?"

"Sure. Thank you."