Blue Red and Grey -Pete Townshend-

Pete had been planning his proposal for months now. He had to be sure that everything would be perfect and, well, he wanted to be sure that you would actually say yes to his proposal. Your boyfriend had subtly brought the subject a few times, checking if you were open to the idea of marriage. Luckily for him, you seemed to be.

It took Pete about a week to find out your ring size. He first had to bring up the subject without raising doubts and it wasn't easy. So he tried to make you tell him without having to ask the question.

"Keith got his finger stuck in a ring today. I honestly don't even know how it happened and at this point I'm not surprised either," he said, earning a laugh from you. It was a nice evening, Pete was home early for once and you had had a good day.

"Did you manage to get it off?" you asked, still a bit worried about Keith even though it surely wasn't that bad. Your boyfriend shook his head.

"No, so we went to the hospital and they did. Made us loose quite a bit of time," he sighed. "The doctor talked about ring sizes and after that I zoned out. I didn't even know there was different sizes for rings," he chuckled.

And just like that, he had it, you told him your size ring while explaining how important it was to pick rings your sizes and not too small or too big.

Then, Pete had to prepare the itinerary you'd take the day of his proposal. He wanted the whole thing to last all day, from dusk until dawn. First, you'd go to the beach to watch the sunrise and eat breakfast, he'd have his guitar or a ukulele with him to sing you a little something if the occasion came up. Then you'd walk and have a picnic on a hill near a river, taking advantage of the hot summer day and the sound of water running down. Finally, he'd bring you far out of town to stargaze. And when the moment would be perfect, he'd ask you to marry him.

Of course, if he did all of that on a normal day, you would suspect something immediately. So he decided to do it on your anniversary. It wouldn't seem so obvious then that he wanted to propose.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of planning and preparing, Pete was done. The time had come to actually pop up the question.

He got up at four in the morning that day. And even though he despised waking up early, your boyfriend couldn't feel grumpy when he did that day. The peaceful expression on your face simply made his heart melt. He smiled to himself and quietly got dressed, making sur to not wake you up yet.

He prepared a few blankets, a big thermos cup of coffee, the food for the breakfast and the picnic and placed it in the car trunk with a ukulele. The sky was still dark but the sun would rise soon enough so Pete went back inside to wake you up.

"Y/N, love, wake up," he whispered as he gently shook your shoulder. You groaned in response and burried your head in your pillow to escape the distraction. Pete laughed at your reaction and persisted.

"Love, it's time to wake up. I've got something planned that I think you'll like," he repeated, shaking your shoulder a bit more to get a bigger reaction out of you. Finally, your eyes peeled open slowly.

You were a bit confused as to why Pete was waking you up. Usually, you were the one to get him out of bed. Yet you got up, not without asking him what was going on.

"What's going on?" you questioned with a sleepy voice, stretching your limbs. Your boyfriend laughed at your adorable confused state.

"I've got a beautiful day planned for our anniversary and it's starting with the sunrise," he smiled, taking your hands to pull you out of bed. You yelped as he brought you up with a bit more force you were prepared for, keeping you in his arms with a hug.