Chapter 22

"Where was the last place you've seen her?" The detective asked as he sat right infront of him inside this small conference room. He was being blamed, but he knows deep inside that he's innocent. He gulped as detective saw it, noting that he's beginning to get nervous.

"We were together last night, on our way home from our seniors party." He said, though his voice did not tremble. It was soft and clearly shows that he is worried. Sickly worried for his friend.

The detective nod as he wrote down the important information from him. As his were drawn from the paper, he looked back again to him, "What is your relationship with the girl?" He asked tapping his pen on the note pad, almost rhythmically.

He hesitated to answer his question, not sure what he wanted to say. Even he is confused at himself, either way, he doesn't really know what type of relationship he has with the girl. Sure they share some kisses here and there, but he's not sure since for once, both of them never really did say that they were a thing.

"She's...my best friend. The bestest." He said looking down at the table. The word friend hurts him, but he doesn't know if she really does feel the same. Are they just friends with benefits? Or was it really something else? The kiss didn't just happened once. It was a couple of times. Stolen kisses here and there, but were they really something?

The detective bobbed his head in understandment, "I see. Any information that would likely help us trace your best friend?" He asked.

At first his mind runs with multiple thoughts. Due to his stress he forgot to call out for help, especially from the seniors that she was with last night. His eyes wonder all around the room, trying to remember or at least make up a good decision about this situation. And then, his mind click.

"T-The seniors." He stuttered. Almost scared to say it. He knows that one of them might have to do something about her whereabouts. But, he didn't want to point out who. So, the best way to put it is to give the detective all of their names.

"The seniors? We already interviewed Ms. Verlassene, and so does her other siblings, except for one. Any other seniors you would like us to interview?" He said looking at him, and locking his gaze at the boy.

He nodded instantly without thinking. He just wanted to find her again. He'll do whatever it takes, wether it cost him his life.

"So far, we've interviewed Avis Verlassene, Her twin brother, Lucius Eli, Hanna Therese, Liam Grey, and Even Mimzy Blake, we're also going to interview Alastor Anderson. Anyone else, Dela Cruz?" He asked, saying his last name.

He can't just assume stuff, but she did mention that Alastor was always keeping his gaze towards her. And only her. He might have need to tell this to this detective.

"About Alastor," he paused, hesitant.

The detective gaze flicked. Interested and curious as to what he was about to say. So far, he didn't said anything about anyone else. This boy might have been assuming things inside his head, but he should at least give him a chance. If they really wanted to find this girl, then he should've taken the risk to listen to him. Even if it's a ridiculous answer.

He continued, "She did told me that Anderson, this senior, was always staring at her. Though, she didn't told me that he's either following her around. Her words were always the same, that everytime she walks inside a room with him in it, Anderson will always keep his gaze towards her and no one else." He explained to him. Hoping that this detective believed everything that he said.

There was a moment of silence between them as the detective wrote the important words that he said. And there, the detective sigh, looking at him and nodding.

"I'll be sure to inspect and keep an eyes on Alastor Anderson. He might have to do something about her whereabouts."

His eyes shot wide opened as Tyrone felt an immense pain on his fingertips. That wasn't real. That was a fucking dream. His eyes traveled around the dimmed basement as his eyes landed on (Name) who kept her head hung low, but he wasn't sure if he's awake or not. With his last strength, he called out for her, "(N-Name)...A-Are you okay...?" He asked, his voice was long and hoarse and she can clearly hear that he's already weakened. 

However, as he called, (Name) did not respond to his words. Are you unconscious? Alastor swore to never touch you unless he was willing to take all the hits for you. He tried to move his arms, but quickly as it is, the immense pain on his fingertips is what he suddenly felt. His jaw clenched as he bare the pain, his visions were blurry so it was hard to make out how many finger nails were taken out. He remembered that Alastor stopped for a moment and got his phone, he's not sure wether its someone he knew.

Though his thoughts played around, if Alastor kidnapped him all they way back when he was going back to (Name)'s place, then does that mean that Alastor had broke in inside your dorm? Because if he does, that's a careless move. Knowing (Name), She would've done something to cause attention. Though, Tyrone wasn't so sure.

Though he hoped that someone might have helped them in this hell. Or this suffering that's starting for the two of them.

If Tyrone died right now, then who's there to protect your from the devil? Tyrone couldn't bare to think of that, of all the bad things Alastor could do to her, it wasn't something he couldn't bare.

He gulped the lump in his throat as silence filled the entire basement. The dimmed light that provided them just a little amount of sight is what's keeping Tyrone to at least check on you if you have any wounds. It was cold in here, and his energy had been dried out. The painful screams that he did were the ones that drained his energy, let alone having a hoarse voice.

What did he do to deserve this? Was it loving her? No, No, don't think of that. You wouldn't regret of loving her, no, you wouldn't. Alastor was just mentally ill, and that was it. You can't blame loving her just because of what's happening to you right now. Get yourself together Tyrone.

Get yourself together and don't fall apart. For her, and for you.

Tyrone hoped that whatever's going to happen next wasn't going to be the worst.

He hoped that it wouldn't.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈