Chapter 24

His legs were shaking, he feels anxious, and the detective could tell so. He feels bad.

"I'm so irresponsible..." He murmured as his sweat drops.

"Non of this was your fault, Mr. (Last Name). The kidnapper took her while she's in her dorm." The detective reassured him, and this might be the fourth time he told him this.

"I-I know, and I won't hesitate to beat the shit out of that person if I found out who he was." He said with a serious tone. It somehow sends shivers down to the detective's spine. Such venom that was laced around those words.

"We won't rest until she's found. Let's just hope that she's still alive." The detective said.

Xavier's eyebrows knitted, "Then you guys better hurry up! Who knows what could happen to her!" He said in the process of standing up from his seat.

"Please, Xavier, calm down. Lashing out won't do nothing." The detective sternly said.

I hope nothing bad has happened to you, (Name).

Xavier thought as he slowly took back his seat. Still, he blames his self for it.

────────────  ────────────

"So you're assuming that it's Tyrone? But didn't they said that he also got kidnapped too?" Anthony asked as he looked over to Avix.

"Dude, it's just a hunch. We don't know fully well what happened. And Tyrone could be, could be the one who did it." He said making Anthony think.

"Is he that obsess with her?" Avis asked her twin brother, "Clearly you don't know, i don't know too. But seeing how badly he reacted to Alastor when he was just talking to (Name)..." Avis said as her voice died down as her mind thinks.

"Remember that?" Avix said as he looked over to Alastor, who seemed to be quiet over this. Anyone would be, and I mean anyone, "Remember that time when he punched you in the face?" Avix asked Alastor.

"He really did acted so violent at that time." He said quietly. But boy did he want to smile right now. He didn't expect the Verlassene twins to think that it was Tyrone. But he could use this to his advantage.

All he needed to do is to feed them off with believable lies, and there, he's seen as clean and innocent. Besides, He knows that the twins didn't saw him stalking (Name), or even have a private conversation with that poor girl. He had the advantage, and he's not going to waste it.

"See? Avis, you gotta think about it. Think outside the box." Avix said as he looked at Avis.

"We don't have proof. Even if we have, there's no way to confront Tyrone knowing full well that we don't know where he is at the moment. And Avix, remember, you are assuming things. Tyrone and (Name) are together, and if the kidnapper wanted (Name) so bad, then the kidnapper would think smart and capture the lover too." She said, and every word made Alastor's heart beat fast.

Maybe he's not getting the advantage here, especially when the twin sister is being skeptical. This is bad.

"So, you're saying, that (Name)'s kidnapper could be a yandere?" Avix said as it clicked inside his brain. It somehow made sense.

"It appears so." Alastor said, gaining the attention of the twins and Anthony. He has a blank look that he's been keeping ever since he got here, "If Avis' theory is right, then it will all be connected. If the kidnapper was that obsessed with (Name), then he wouldn't have to wait for her to get out of her dorm. He would simply enter, and then take her there." He explained. His lies were as balance as what they have in topic. But, he might need to shut his mouth soon, he needed to remind himself that Avis is smart enough to see through his lies.

"Hm." Avis hummed.

She just hummed, she. Just. Hummed. Alastor bite his inner cheeks for talking this out. Is he really being careless right now? This is so unlike him, Maybe (Name) jinxed him but those aren't real.

"You got a point there, red boy." Avix quietly said as he was succumbed in his thoughts trying to figure out a thing for it to be more useful to the police.

"Do you guys know anyone that might have been following (Name) around?" Anthony asked.

The twins and Alastor looked at each other. Avis shook her head, "I got nothing. Too much for being such a ignorant bitch that I am." She said, definitely cursing on her self.

Avix sigh, "As I said, i don't know much about that girl, so it's not on my care wether someone is stalking her on anything. My ignorant ass too." He also cursed on himself.

"I didn't have any decent conversation with the girl, so—" Alastor didn't able to finish his sentence when the door on the conference room was slammed open.

He gulped the lump in his throat. Why is he being nervous right now? It almost made his system shake, don't mess this up, you haven't able to finish your job Alastor. Don't mess it up.

Xavier got out of the door and closed it, sighing deeply.

"This is my fault.." He murmured to himself.

"Don't blame yourself, Sub-teach." Avis said as she took a seat beside the teacher, "No one here is to blame." As she said that, Her gaze landed on Alastor.

His heart stopped for a moment on that gaze. Seriously, this female is making Alastor think that she is suspecting him. Alastor needed to be careful around this female, she's not safe to be around with. And also the fact that Alastor doesn't know her unlike he knows Jiro and Avix.

Alastor then calmed his nerves down as he leaned back against the cold wall. Waiting for his turn to talk to the detective. He just needed to divert his attention, having a clear mind would made up a lie that's believable to the police.

"Oh, by the way, Alastor?" Avis called out to him, making him snapped out of his thoughts as he directly looked at her. What does she want now?

"Hm?" He hummed, playing it cool. Looking as natural as ever. Though, one thing that was missing was his famous grin.

"Can you tell me why you're at your mother's house? You said that earlier, right?" She said.

And her cold voice dents shivers down to his spine as his pupils grew a bit small from that surprise question of hers.

He was about to open his mouth when Avis said another word, "And make sure not to lie. You know very well when I know someone who is lying to me." She said.

This is bad. She is truly suspecting him.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
BOOM! Another cliff hanger. Please don't be tired of it, and I'm sorryyyyy.

 Please don't be tired of it, and I'm sorryyyyy