Chapter - Fourty Four : PEACE IN YOUR DEMONS

Aurora

Aurora...

April 10, 2002

Pain is the utter yet the most secretive feeling you ever feel, when felt physically, you body tries it's best to help you ease it so that you dont have to go through it at its best form and even shuts itself out if it's more than you can handle.

We all know that, we all experience it and we all knows what to do when we are in any sort of physical pain but pain when felt emotionally, the turmoil of sadness, grief, anger and the deep dark thoughts, that is not something you can escape from and that makes it the most heartbreaking feeling to ever feel because neither can you dial 911 nor can you shut your thinking and emotions off.

Which leaves you only with one choice, that is, to go through it and let it mend itself in all the time it needs.

And that's what I did when we came back from London because from what I saw, he was in grief. How ironic was it that the place which gave us the most beautiful moments we ever had became something we never wanna think of again.

For four days, four long days I didn't saw him. He didn't came to our room, didn't came for food in the dining area or for anything else. When I tried talking to Griffin, he said he knew nothing which was not something I believed in. So when I pushed him, all he said was that he would be back on his own.

I tried to get information out of Miguel too but unfortunately, he had no idea where Ezekiel could be and from what I remembered, I saw honesty in his voice which left me with no choice but to try find out myself.

But guess what? I couldn't, nowhere in the mansion I was able to find him, I went everywhere I knew in this place but couldn't find even the shadow of him except the old garden area and the dark hallway connected to the gym which were restricted for everyone as they were under construction.

I thought it was a lie but indeed there were workers so after failing miserably in finding Ezekiel I went back to my room and slept like a log as the exhaustion took over.

I woke up in the evening and was lying on my right with my eyes closed when I felt the bed mattress beside me move and without even seeing, I knew it was him as his scent engulfed me with the weight of an arm over my stomach.

I finally felt as if in peace but that was soon gone as I noticed the other smell which was of antiseptics so I hurriedly rolled on the other side to look at him and found him staring at me with tired eyes.

The spark of his hazel eyes which always was there and dripped his childishness was gone and there gazed back the bloodshot eyes instead.

Thats when I finally saw him, his beard was a bit visible which was hot to be honest but that wasn't the point because his stomach was all covered in bandages and for a moment I felt as if my own guts were forced to cut open. I knew what it was as I found him like that once before too but this time, it was severe and way more than the last one.

" What did you do, how did this happen. " I asked as my voice cracked in between while speaking and tears strung my eyes.

" Its nothing baby. Just help me sleep okay and please stop crying because of me. " He said while he gently caressed my cheecks taking my tars away and as much as I loved him calling me baby I wanted answers.

I needed answers.

So I held his hand in mine as I sat in front of me. " No, I need to know. I know you do this to your own self but why? " No one should ever harm themselves because it wasn't something that brings peace to you but trauma only and that I knew.

And as much as I wanted to hate it but I could see him in pain because I loved him. I loved him so much when when I shouldn't. I wanted to tell him and scream my lungs out about how much I loved Ezekiel Luciano but my shitty life and boundaries said otherwise.

" Aurora, please calm down. I am okay now and all I want you to do is hold me right now and sleep. " He said with a bit of anger which made my hand automatically rest on his jaw and for a moment he closed his eyes because of of the feeling before he again stared back at me.

" I know that some things are ours and we find it better to be ours only but when shared with the right person, we can finally get some peace and I want to be that person to you. I want to be the one to hold you not only when you are tired and broken but also when you are breaking even if I cannot stop it. You called me your peace once so let me be it and let me be your shoulder Ezekiel. "

By the time I was finished, tears were rolling down my eyes and he just looked right into my eyes before he sat up and I saw his face wet too as his pain also decided to drip away. But instead of consoling each other were stared right at our pained souls.

" I self harm my self because I am wired that way by my upbringing. I do it because it brings me satisfaction in the most wounded way and in the times when I feel every thing is crumbling away. That's how I grieve and that's all I can tell you right now. "

He said with a firm yet broken voice which made my heard churn and I wanted to know more, about who did this to him, who broke him in such a harsh way that he found satisfaction in pain and who manipulated his thinking into making him what he was and above all, I wanted to kill that person so slow that every wound of Ezekiel could be avenged.

But I did not say anything further because I knew it wasn't the right time. So keeping my questions aside for later I hugged him as gently as I can without applying pressure on his wounds but was soon engulfed him a tight protective force in return.

" Aurora? " He said slowly almost whispering in my ear. " Hmm? "

" Why do you care so much? " He finally asked after which seemed like an eternity and without even a skip of an heartbeat, I said what was the truth breaking every wall of mine.

" Because I love you. "

-----------------------------------------------------------

Heyyyy lovieeees,hope you all had an amazing Christmas, sorry for the late update but I am a bit busy as I have exams a week later and well, online classes are shut because I didn't even knew my syllabus. Hah.🤦‍♀️

So..., It was a bit sad chapter but I hope you guys enjoyed it and well, what do you think about a first formal #Auzekiel date👀😉.

Alot is there so the next chapter will be from Griffin's POV so be ready.🌟🌟

Dont forget to vote and comment and share💕