Chapter - Thirty Eight : BREAKFAST AND STARES

Griffin

Griffin...

April 3, 2002

The morning was beautiful, the sun was up bright and it just felt as if the day would be good.

I woke up at 6:00am as always and after the bath, dressed up in a baby blue shirt and a brown pant and put on the one piercing I had on my left ear.

And with the last minute struggle of putting my hair in a bun I left the room for the breakfast which wad called by father on the occasion of the arrival of the Lavesquè's siblings.

It was surprising at first because I never expected that father would allow them to stay with us but the game card that Mateo played which had the the words of 'in laws' on it, well, that wasn't something to be argued on either.

I finally reached the dining area where everyone were already seated and just across my chair was her. Amber Lavesquè.

Last night she made me laugh, something I never expected by someone except my brothers but then there she was, gazing holes in my eyes as if to my soul and doing all the cute little things.

I sat and she looked at me horrified and muttered something like what? Shit maybe. I looked at her and smiled remembering the awkwardness she had last night and even when she tried to fight it like a soldier, she failed to do so making me intrigued instead.

" So, as we know that Amber and Quinn Lavesquè had joined us today and would be here for a long time, the toast goes to them. " We all looked at father who sat in the centre of the one width side of the table exactly across Ezekiel. Then I saw other and to the right of my brother was Aurora who smiled looking at both Quinn and Amber.

Quinn was sitting next to my mother who was next to father and across him was Miguel who was pretty busy eating his bacon.

" Cheers. " We then said in unison and then we ate our breakfast which was honestly more than needed for the appetite of eight people.

I ate my pancake in silence as knew that Amber was staring which made me grin ever so slightly and then felt my phone vibrate.

I saw it and there was a message from Ezekiel and before opening it, I looked at him with my eyes narrowed. We are literally in the same room asshole.
Is what I wanted to say but then opened the message as he didn't give me a single response.

" Need to talk, be here after the breakfast and dont leave. "

I looked back to see him still eating his sandwiches and then focused back on mine and this time the staring eyes were mine.

But that didn't end well because Amber choked on her juice and was rushed to the nearest bathroom by her brother and I saw Miguel who had his eyes fixed on them and felt a ping of frustration which was went away as soon as it came.

After the breakfast, everyone left and finally Ezekiel and I were alone in the dining area with the the food left in both the plates and the serving bowl stared at us acusingly.

" We have to work on the menu brother. " I said jokingly but Ezekiel just stared which meant that whatever he wanted to talk about was serious so I nodded him to say it.

" We have to go to London. I will go but you will have to stay to look after things. " And it was a shock, I stared at him for a minute before speaking again.

" For how long? "

He sighed and sat back to his chair as he answered looking at his own plate, " maximum 14 days. " I thought about it as it was supposed to be normal except that my brother knew that I hated to handle thing in the Cosa Nostra and that he hated traveling.

" Okay. But you have to tell me what is it. " He was quite but the finally looked me in the eye, " a member Griffin, was one of our own and is planning to build up a small group to plot against the Familia. "

It didn't made sense, this was something very common and we had it handled by a made man normally, " that could be sorted as always, why are you supposed to go? "

He looked sad and tired which was unusual to even him, " it could be still but the culprit is a closed one this time. It's Matthew. "

And then after a minute the truth finally sink in, and I was left nothing but speach less. Matthew was like our brother but above all, he was Ezekiel's childhood bestfriend who left Chicago a year ago saying he had an emergency family problem and we, we trusted him and never double checked the situation.

" Oh my god, I am sorry, but take me brother and I will kill him with my bare hands. " I felt angry because it was just so ironic, the way sometimes, the people we love and care about, turn aout to be the one stabbing us in the back and it isn't the would that hurts but the betrayal of one of our own.

" No, from what I know, he has people looking out and if we both go, he will know that I know about his treacherous shit and that he is there, and you also have to be here because Aurora's siblings are and they can't be left here, as there are Lavesquè after all and people are there who hates them. "

He was right and I absolutely hated it.
" But you can't go alone. " I said abd he grinned his sane old mischievous grin and I waited for the bomb to get dropped. "

" Who said I am going alone, I am taking the most powerful women in all Mafia, Aurora Lavesquè. " And there it was, but as much as it sounded weird that he took proud in her name, it was a perfect plan. "

" But what about them knowing that you will be there with her? " It was still a confusion, " oh Griffin, she is my wife and a husband and a wife can have a sweet honeymoon in a place like London. " He said smiling as he went away and I stood there grinning myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey lovieees, so here is the plan and who is excited for the honeymoon because I am🤭.

Also, alot of action is coming up so prepare yourselves 🤫 along with alot of #Auzekiel.🤭💕

Till then, be safe and don't forget to vote and comment and share ❤️