Chapter - Thirty Seven : REPLICAS AND MASKS

Amber

Amber...

My whole life was a reflection of rich, power and wealth, every one saw it and everyone liked it. But just like the opposite side of a mask is dull, colourless and ugly, my life was an image of blood, hatered and constant fear of losing a loved one on the flip side.

I didn't really hated my life to be exact but I hated how much of a prison it felt to me. I was the youngest in my siblings and when Aurora left leaving just me and my brother Quinn, it started to feel more lonely day by day until yesterday when father decided that we would go live with her.

At first, everything felt so exciting that I ran to my room giggling all the way but when the truth finally came out, it felt like that living with my sister would be the most bad thing I would have done in my entire life.

Quinn and I were sent here to spy on our own sister, it wasn't a big deal but it felt so wrong that we had to keep an eye on her as if she a thief or something because she was the total opposite, she valued things she had, she was fierce, she was loyal and trustworthy, and above all she was the one I loved the most.

More than anyone.

I didn't remember my childhood much and I wasn't that independent either as I was just nineteen but as long as I remembered, she was everywhere even when Quinn wasn't, from my first memory of running to the one where I fell when sat on a bicycle for the first time, she was there to hold me in my fall and I couldn't ever think of anyone else whenever in any problem.

Quinn was lovely too, he took care of me but at the end he was the brother and annoying but after everything, I loved both of them and the idea of being a security camera to Aurora was dreadful.

We all knew why she was here, she was supposed to kill her husband and for that to happen we signed our allegiance to the Chicago Faction too but yesterday night when father called us, he made it all sound as if she was going to betray her familia and that we had to look out for signs.

I was deep in the thoughts looking at the ceiling of the room provided to me which was in the sane hallway as of both my siblings. The room was exceptionally beautiful, more than the one I had before as I used to live in the weapon house where all made men were assigned to live.

The room had a closet real big, a joined washroom and a small balcony in the front which I was sure was there to let the sunlight get in the room in the morning, it had a single but comfortable bed and the best thing was the small study it had in the side the of bed which looked like a big cubicle with glass walls and designed to use as a study area.

I thought about to go to Quinn but he was asleep as it was late and going to Aurora when she was married and had a man in there was a big no too. I was sure they weren't involved so much but knew there was atleast a bit of something by the way she looked at him.

And just before I was about to run out of the place like a maniac, I heard a knock and got startled because it was after 10:00pm and I was in nothing but shorts and a sports bra like a homeless begger with my hair all messed up.

I thought it was just a paranoia but when the knock again happened I walked to the door of the room and waited a bit before opening it because it seemed really sketchy.

" If you are here to kill me or some pervert guy who followed me, I swear my sister will cut your ball off so go away. "

I though I sounded intimidating but instead of a yelp I was expecting, I heard a chuckle which surely belonged to some guy as it was really a deep but cute one.

" I am really sorry if my knocking makes you that uncomfortable girl. "
And then I was deeply horrified because I knew that voice and the person behind it.

" Hey Griffin! " I almost said in a quak voice like a duck as I opened the door like hulk and there he was with his long hair and hazel eyes. He was more than 6"6 and I was a Lilliput standing at only 5"4.

Youngest of all and shortest too..great.

" I am here to ask if you need anything. " He asked as his eyes suddenly dropped lower than they already were. It was weird though, I was short I knew that but trying to look down to the way of hell?

And then it hit me.

" OH MY GOD! " I ran back inside the room and put on the first top I saw which by the grace of god had a bunny picture on it.

This is the worst day.

When the top was on I finally turned towards the door and saw that it was open which I was expecting as my luck was so much like a trashcan.

" Oh no! I am sorry, like I am not really sorry as you are the one who came so late but, no, shit, that's rude .. ugh..okay I am sorry. "

I looked at him and he just stood there smiling ear to ear and then we both started to laugh and I dont know about him but I laughed so hard that my stomach ached.

" It's fine really. I didn't wanted to really look you know, it's just the XY chromosomes sometimes really takes over on us. "

I laughed to that softly and so did he, he was funny and really sweet.
" So? " He said with an amused look and I looked at him dumbfounded.

" You need anything or not? " And I remembered the reason he was here for.

" No. Everything is good and I may crave at around 2:00am but have my chips so yeah. " I said with a thumbs up and the moment I was finished I realised how weird that would have sounded and wished the sky would just suck me up.

He looked at me then and nodded, " great then. Goodnight. " He said and without looking back, went back to towards his room which I assumed and I went inside the room locking the door and internally screaming.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey lovieees, so here is the long awaited updated which took so long because of my exams😩

Also, If you haven't noticed, all the chapters are in past tense but I assure you that It will all make sense in the end which is really really far though. Because we have alot to know yet and its gonna be a long journey which I am sure will be amazing with you all by my side😌

Also, I wanted to post a double update but couldn't as my exams just ended and I went out lol...but will do as soon as I can💕

Dont forget to vote and comment and share ❤️