Chapter - Twenty : I AM GONE

a moodboard/aesthetic for our Queen Aurora, so do check it out❤️❤️✨

Aurora...

When I went out of the room, I was smiling and even when I knew why, I denied it because I wasn't supposed to feel, I wasn't supposed to have second doubts and that's why denial is what I chose.

Denial, something that dictionary describes as a simple refusal to something desired or wanted by an individual but is that all? No, because no dictionary will ever tell you what it exactly is, and how does it feel.

It makes you confused about what is reality to you and what is just your inhibitions and force you to be wrapped inside a lie which is neither reality nor upur inhibition.

It makes you feel that you are right to do so and that it is for the best of not only you but every thing but at the same time eats you inside while reminding you what you can have and what you can get.

And I knew because that was what I felt, while I was awake and while I in the deepest layers of sleep because my reality was a man who wasn't supposed to be mine and my sleep were the facade of the memories of the past, the past that haunted me but found it's identity in the boundaries of denial.

" You okay there? " I was jerked back to the gym floor doing treadmill and looked towards the voice.

" Griffin right? " Ofcourse that was him, he was so much like Ezekiel except for the hair as he had long hair which covered his whole neck and ears and were parted more towards the right side and were curly.

He smiled and gave a small bow, " yes ma'am. " I switched the treadmill off and was already sweating like crazy.
" Hey, yeah I am fine. " Ezekiel's brothers were actually good to me so that gave me no reason to be hard on them ever.

" You don't look like but I respect the privacy. " He smiled and started to do pull ups which didn't looked like any hard thing for him. " You have strength, that's good. " He laughed, while he paused being on the pull and I myself hung on the bar opposite it.

" Well, that's me, though you sure you wanna do pull ups? You know as you were ill and all. " He said that while having a mocking look which actually reminded me of Ezekiel and I just decided to grin before I started to do my sets.

He did too and before we could've known, it became a race instead of workout. We both were covered in sweat and down to thirtieth pull up when his hand slipped.

Sweat does that to you buddy.

He looked at his hand and laughed in suprise as I did mine, officially making me the winner.

" You are not bad you know, but I suggest to never think of me as weak again. " I said and he chuckled to that.
By the end of the two hours of workout of mine, Griffin and I bonded well, he told me about how Ezekiel was a straight A's holder in buisness studies and that he himself loved medical sciences.

" I wanted to be a doctor at first but then decided to drop it and join the family buisness. " He said with a ping pf sadness but I chose to remain quit as I didn't knew what to say.

" But hey I dont regret it. I love being in Mafia and you know the rush. " I smiled because it was true. " What about you? " I started walking to the door with him beside me while I dried my sweat with a towel.

" I dont know, never thought about it but I guess I was wired like it. "

" Oh come on! There has to be something. "

I thought about it and finally it clicked, " I dont know if it counts but I love or at least loved painting. " He stopped while he looked at me as I was lying but smiled after it absorbed, " you should continue what you like you know, because some things are there which cant be. "

I nodded in understanding and by then we were back to the floor and where his room was. All three of them had their rooms on the same floor with Ezekiel's in the end and Miguel's in between.

" By the way, it was nice knowing you Comarè. "

" Aurora. " I said and he chuckled as he unlocked his door. " Well it was nice knowing you Aurora and one more thing, I know he can be an asshole at times but he isn't really a bad man. "

I watched dumbfounded as he winked and went inside and left me outside.
Then I regained my composure and went back to my room which was empty.

" Ezekiel? " I spoke but he wasn't there. I shrugged it off and decided to have a bath. I bathed longer that day as the warm water just felt amazing after the workout and then wore a black jeans and a overcoat because of the dropping temperature.

I was about to leave the room when I saw a note on the side table under his drink which was left untouched and opened it.

Aurora,

I am out for some buisness and don't when I will be back. Till then, I expect you to take care of things and that no one gets to know about this. Things are good, atleast I hope I make them and till then, just tell them that I am not there as I had some deals for the diamond trade, that will hold them off for atleast three days but if by then I am not there, you will know where to come.

Ezekiel.

I folded the note back and was just a statue because it felt wrong, the denial, the note that I should be happy about, it felt wrong but between the denial and the reality, yet again the denial won and I decided to do what was asked for. I decided to keep it a secret but never knew what storm It would bring me in the end.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey lovieees,
Okay I thought about a double update but couldn't write as I am just busy and didn't knew when I would find the time so I decide to go with a single one because leaving ya all hanging felt wrong too😅

Also, we have crossed 900 and man I am so so happy and thank each and every of you who are here.❤️

Thanks for the well wishes you gave to my mom too as she is suffering from dengue but she is better than yesterday and will be fine❤️❤️

So back to #Auzekiel, what do you think happened to Ezekiel? Share your theories and most importantly, if you have any questions about the storyline about why anything happened or was decided by the characters, you can ask me, I am more than happy to answer your questions and theories both 😄😄❤️