Chapter 20

In Payal's and Khushi's room

"What do you think Payaliya? Bitiya no one will compel you for anything."

"I don't know amma what to say. Before I was so sure Akashji's ma won't accept me. But After today's conversation we really have totally different image of her. After their previous behavior I was sure not to accept Akash, but...What do you think Khushi?"

"Jiji... I still don't trust them fully. Because they have acted all good before too and then showered me with abuses without a second thought. That's just the way they see me. But I assure you, you will always have my back up. You won't feel helpless with me beside you. I will not let them do what they did to me. But the decision is all yours. At the end of the day all we want is you to be happy."

It is you who have to decide. It is your life. Your happiness .If you are sure Akashji is the one for you we will all be happy in your choice. I know you too have feelings for him. Jiji you explained me your reasons for refusal but now they are here asking your hand itself shows how much they want you .Didn't you see the way Mamiji acted today. If for you they could forget their ego and ask forgiveness. If you think they deserve a chance then accept him.

"Do you like him Payaliya" Garima processed her approval with the new information to which Payal nodded.

"Bitiya last time me and your babuji's choice was proven wrong. I don't want anything to go wrong this time. It will be your decision that we will value. Just like Khushi said I too am worried about your life in Raizada house but that is what every parent feels when they send their daughter to any other home.

After a short silence Payal said. "I don't know if I am doing right, but my heart says to accept him. I have my fears. After what happened last time on my marriage day, I don't want to be linked to someone who gives no heed to my emotions. That's why I refused Akash. But I think I too have to get rid of my fear and accept the present and to give a chance to me and Akash".After taking a ling breath " it's a yes from me Amma if that is okay with you all"

Garima kissed her daughters for head. "We will always be happy with whatever you decide bitiya".

They went outside to see Raizadas eagerly waiting for the replay. Buaji and Sasi could read it from Garima's face what their daughter has decided. Garima nodded her head in approval towards Sasi and Buaji. Buaji smiled a little and looked at her brother. After getting approval from him she addressed Raizadas

"Davayaniji...It is a yes from us. We just hope she will be happy in your home "

"Raizadas broke into cheers and in next moment Manorama reached Payal and cupped her cheeks.

"Thank you bitiya ...I promise to be the best mother in law" to which Payal smiled and she looked at Akash .He looked like the child who was given his favorite candy.

"Khushi what are you waiting for. Go and get some sweets titiliya" Buaji shouted seeing the blushing Payal.

"Ji buaji" Khushi ran to get the best sweets to sweeten this moment. Why won't she? She has always been guilty of being the reason for her Jiji's broken marriage .If her happiness is with Akashji she too will be happy.

"Mamiji..." before Payal could continue Manorama corrected

"Ma...That is what Akash calls me" Payal smiled and nodded understandingly

"Maji...I don't know if my Parents have told you. My marriage was fixed earlier and was called off at the altar. Consider this fact before you accept me to be your bahu.

"Bitiya, I have seen what happens when a girls marriage get cancelled at alter during Anjali's time. We have seen hell. I am so glad that you decided to be truthful and to let me know this. If you could forgive us and accept Akash then all this doesn't even matter. Understand this too bitiya, when I said I wanted you to be my sons bride I meant every word I said. Nothing matters to us as long as you both have a happy married life." Payal nodded . Guptas was happy with turn of events and the way Manorama accepted Payal.

"Now that Payal bitiya too have accepted our Akash, Sasiji can we decide about their marriage too? We are really eager to get her our home" Nani said

"Why not Davayaniji". Buaji answered it for her brother.

Elders where discussing when and how the wedding to be conducted when Akash slowly went near Payal and took her hand and led her to the room where as Arnav slipped into Kitchen where Khushi was now preparing some snacks .

"Akashji what are doing? Everyone is there in the living room"

Akash slowly cupped Payal's cheeks and asked "Are you happy". When he got positive node he continued

"Payal I don't know for why and what reasons you didn't accept me at first, but I could read your love in your eyes. I promise I will stand by you, love you and will cherish you all my life"

Akashji I said you my reasons, but now when you all came here and talked I can't to turn blind to your attempts. I like you too Akashji .But I too have my own set of insecurities and fear. I took this chance to be with the person who loves me and fight those, than fighting against my own feelings."

"I promise Payal. You will never regret your decision. We will fight it together" Akash assured understanding her fears must be because of his lack of trust and what she went through during her last relationship.

Arnav slowly walked towards khushi who was engrossed in making Pakodas. "Khushi"He called her softly .She had sensed his presence even before he called her .Thanks to her acidity and Dhak dhaks. Her ever so traitor's heart which didn't learnt a thing even after so many insults and humiliation. She looked at him closely. He seemed tired. Lost weight, lack of sleep is evident in his face .She didn't notice all this last time when she saw him. She was in a hurry to get rid of him and his talks.

"Khushi, I hope you are happy with Akash and Payal's Marriage."

"What is there for me not to be happy? She is my Jiji. Why wouldn't I be happy for her?"

"You clearly declined helping Akash 2 days back'

"Yes I did. I still have those fears and I still don't trust you all with her happiness but I think a woman who could love her sister in laws children as her own and a man who could adore his cousin will at least do the same towards my Jiji. What I said was from my point of view and what I experienced. But coins have other side too. So if Jiji is sure with her choice I will be happy for her. We always have a risk in getting a girl married to someone we barely know, so it will be better we deal with the known threat than unknown. Don't you think? Khushi asked Arnav with a rising her eye brows.

"You changed so much Khushi. I feel like I am talking to someone else. The girl who understood people emotions deeply is saying this? You always looked at the positive side of everything .Didn't you? Then how did it change so much?"

"Experience Mr. Raizada. I made a fool of myself when I let my emotions drive me. What did I get at the end "Humiliation, abuses"? So now tell me why will I not see the negative side too and just give in to someone's momentary emotions.

Arnav Knows what ever she said is all about him and his behavior towards her.

Before they continue their conversation, buaji called Khushi to serve Raizadas with snacks. She didn't wait for Arnav to leave; She just took the plated snacks and left the kitchen.