Part 35

In coming days marriage date has been finalized. Everything has been planned just like how Khushi wanted to the extent that it made Payal crazy. One day when ladies was selecting some cloths an annoyed Payal came barging

"Khushi are you sure you want to marry that mad person?. There is still time to think otherwise." Gupta ladies gasped.

"What happened jiji?"

"That person has gone mad Khushi. Every minute he calls me and ask me your likes. Like who will remember every single detail of the design you once said that you wanted in your bridal lehanga. I said him you wanted pink lehanga. Now he want me to say the exact shade of pink giving me a color swatch and then to draw every single detail of the designs. Like really. I tell you Kushi he has gone mad in your love." When ladies laughed out loud hearing Arnav's craziness Khushi blushed heavily.

Payal bitiya "you may have spoiled Arnav bitwa's surprise for Khushi"Monorama commented. That's when Payal realized her folly.She gave a sheepish look towards Khushi.

"I knew about it.Amanji accidentally blurted to me yesterday"

"Oh..or kya khya he..Khushi bitiya"Manorama teased

This is not new to her. How can she forget the incident where they went to select the engagement ring. Khushi selected a simple ring for Arnav as she knows Arnav won't prefer anything gaudy but when it was Arnav's turn he was so particular about having a star shaped diamond ring with a particular design. He spend hours just search of the particular design he wanted to see in her finger. Arnav has even redesign his room keeping Khushi's interests.

Manorama didn't leave a chance to tease Khushi. She and nani loved the changes in Arnav. They can see how happy he is .But they still felt a pang thinking about Anjali. Just like Shyam asked Anjali consulted Psychiatrist. Shyam has told them about the recent developments. The deep rooted fear of everyone leaving her because of her parents suicide and her groom abandoning her at the alter . The insecurities of not being enough or being inadequate added with her problem in legs has resulted her behavior problems. She was now under treatment and counselling.

Arnav did not talk to Anjali after that incident even after Khushi's persuasion as he was deeply hurt with his di's attitude. He asked Khushi to give him some time but also said her he could never see Anjali in the same light again. He had accepted nani and Mami's request to at least let Anjali attend the marriage .Shyam still visits Raizadas and Guptas but Anjali stayed away from them as she couldn't face them after that day. She accepted this as her punishment for being selfish. With some counselling she understood her fears and now she is trying to overcome them with Shyam's support. She know someday her chotte will forgive her .Not for her but for Khushi.

Khushi sat in front of the mirror biting her nails adored in bridal lehanga Arnav designed for her. Her sister is running around settling things. Suddenly the door got opened and Gowtham entered the room. Kushi it's time. Your groom is waiting impatiently for you .Gowtham just as he promised became a brother to both Payal and Khushi. His parents equally took part in every ritual just like Garima and buaji do and took many responsibilities. They found a family with Guptas and they valued that relationship.

"Bhai will you please tell this girl not to be panicked. That man adores her then why does she eat her nails as if we have kept her hungry for days."

"Payal Akash too adore you, still you behaved the same when it was your time."

"You are right bhai."

"Of course you will always support her." for which he shrugged. He is always partial towards Khushi because it was her who give him other relations. A chacha chahi, a buaji, two sisters. Now that Khushi is getting married buaji is hell bend on searching a 'susheel ladki' for him .It was as such a difficult task with his mother's constant demand that now buaji too joined her.

"Now let's go Khushi before ASR himself come and get you. You see he was literally burning pandit with his eyes for taking more time with all rituals and not calling you."

Khushi and Arnav completed every rituals of marriage and took elders blessings. Now after finishing everything Khushi was brought to Arnav's room by Anjali and Payal. Arnav has accepted Anjali back on Khushi's insistence but has clearly asked her to stay away from his personal life .Anjali has apologized to Guptas and especially Khushi but Arnav was adamant in his decision .Khushi did want to be the reason for the differences among siblings. She requested him and has reasoned Anjali's behavior with her medical condition and has persuaded to at least accept and be cordial with her even if he couldn't have the same relationship with her like past. She made him understand abandoning her will only contribute to her medical condition.But even after all the persuasion he barely even acknowledged her presence.

Arnav entered the room to see Khushi standing at poolside looking at stars. He went and hugged her from behind.

"They will be happy today Khushi. My mama will be so happy that she got you as her daughter in law. You are really my mama's blessing."

"I never imagined a day will come like this where we will stand like this and watch them. I never thought I will fall in love with you. I used to loathe you and use to call so many names."

"I too never thought a day will come when I will let go of my past inhibitions and will fall in love with you. You taught me to live again, to be happy again."

"Love just happened to us and made everything beautiful,Isn't it Arnavji." Arnav hugged her more tightly."Hm ...and I love you Khushi " A confession now he is so loved to make and she loved to hear.

"I Love you too Arnavji...". Khushi placed a kiss in his cheek.

In the sky stars shined brightly as if to bless Arnav and Khushi.

                                -------------------------------------------------------------