Chapter 10

"BECAUSE I KILLED HER PARENTS"

"What?" "shyamji..."everybody present there exclaimed.

Flashback

(The day shayam came to gupta house to explain his reasons.)

You could have said to us about them and still be a friend to me or seek the love which you claimed to be got from Buaji.

"No, I couldn't...I Have some other reason for that..."

"And what is that?"

"I don't know whether you will hate me after hearing my reason or even you will like to see me after that ,but I have to tell you that now ,I think...

Khushiji I...he heaved a sigh then took a long breath and said

I am the reason ,that you lost your Parents Khushiji. It was me who caused that accident.

Present

Did you all hear ,I killed her parents. Made her an orphan even though it was an accident, it was me who caused it."

Everything stilled at Raizada house. Every single being was shocked with the truth even the ASR himself.

"What are you saying shyamji?"

"The truth. I was just 22 that time when I went out with friend in my father's car, while driving back I realized there was some problem with breaks and to make it worse there was heavy rain on that day. Before I could do something I lost the control over my car and hit another car which was on opposite way .The last thing I remember before losing consciousness was a girl heavily wounded begging her father to wake up, shaking her mother to please look at her. The face of that girl covered in blood and tears crying for her parents in rain. I don't know who took us to hospital but when I regained consciousness after 3 days all I came to know was the car involved in accident had a family from which only their 10 year old child survived, making me the culprit of the girl who turned to an orphan just because of my Mistake. I Searched for her after getting discharge from hospital only to know that some relative of her took her with them but couldn't get more details .That face of the girl hounded me for past so many years, I use to get nightmares .Anjali you know I have nightmares, you have seen me waking up in night having bad dreams."

Anjali nodded, "but you didn't tell me anything about this"

"You never tried to know Anjali, All you say was it's okay and to get back to sleep. You never tried to know what was disturbing me"

"That's because I didn't want to make you remember about it" Anjali quickly tried to explain.

Shyam gave a sarcastic laugh, "oh yes, I understand" But everybody present there realized it was a mockery. Then Shyam continued

"I was returning from a client meeting in Lucknow when I saw some street thongs misbehaving with a girl and her father getting beaten. Out of humanity I tried to save them only to realize that the girl is none other than the one I was searching for past so many years. How will I not recognize her face which I couldn't forget even in my dreams? And do you know why she was harassed at street Arnav?.

Because a business man in his ego released a video of her falling in his Arms with a nasty comment which made the roadside thongs think that she was easy catch" Arnav closed his eyes tightly knowing what his thoughtless actions has led to. If the thought that his previous words will come back biting him after shyam's revelation, this added up to his fear that he may have done a grave mistake. What if he is wrong how he will face Khushi, His Jijaji? He couldn't think of anything.