Chapter 23

Khushi didn't miss the tear in his eyes or desperation in his voice. But She was too broken, too afraid to accept him. If this words where said some months ago ,she would have been the happiest soul. She would have accepted him forgetting every cruel deeds of him or the insults but not now. She couldn't look past the hurt he caused her on Diwali night. He went and announced his engagement just after trying to kiss her. Not when he showed her value in his life just after that. Made her feel so worth less. Not after he questioned her character, after she let him near her. He made her look like a loose girl. she wouldn't trust him with her feelings anymore. When she trusted him, she was rewarded with insults.

Khushi took a long breath

"What is this new game Mr.Raizada? Are you trying to ensure I don't trap your brother in law anymore?"

"Khushi..." Arnav called her name loudly...."You think everything I said you now is a part of some game. That I am playing with you."

"yes...then why will you say such things to a girl whom you think as characterless, who could easily trap any rich man for their money. Don't you think if some media came to know you even tried pull the stunt ,they will mock you for falling in my charms. Isn't that what you your comment on the video was that I am girl who is ready to fall in any man's hand for richness. What will the media will say 'I am successful in my ways that even you couldn't resist my charms? 'Khushi mocked.

"Slap me Khushi if you want, But please don't mock my feelings. I know I made so many mistakes, but was those mistake so unforgivable that I don't have the right to feel any more or to express the true love which I feel for you. Punish me in whatever way you want but please don't say you haven't ever felt my feelings. I know you too have feelings for me, but you are too hurt acknowledge that." Arnav said

"I don't have any feeling for you Mr.Raizada" Khushi refused.

"Really Khushi. Is that why you search me in the darkness every day? Don't try to fool me Khushi. You know the moment I reach Lakshmi Nagar. You have sensed me near you every day past months. I have seen myself your eyes searching for me. The tears you wipe because of the emotions I make you feel. I know what you feel for me. I understand the reason for your refusal too. But don't deny them .At least to me who could even read your heartbeat. I was a fool who couldn't realize my own feelings and made mistakes in my haste to get rid of them. You are not me Khushi. You are more sensible ,understanding and way too matured in ways of handling relationships. Take your own time to understand Every word I spoke now is truth. Punish me in whatever way you want but after everything just realize how much I love you. How much you feel for me. Arnav said determined to not let her brush off his feelings.

Khushi took a long breath ,Then looked right in his eyes

"Ji,may bhi yeh sab mehsoos karthihu,tho khya karu may us ehasaas ha, Achar dallon.

Jho ehasaas jho muje jeene nahi dethe,Khulkehasne nahi dethe ,us ehassas jho muje loghomke samne mera character pay ungli udatha hai.uska may khya karron"

("Yes, I do have feelings for you. But what will I do with those damn feelings. Pickle them.

Those damn feelings which won't let me live, won't let me stay happy, which make people question my character. What will I do with those feeling."?)

"Nothing Mr. Raizada. We just forget them. That is what is better for everyone. And why are you saying all these things. It won't suit Your ASR image. Whatever you said now may be because you feel guilty or may be an act to ensure I am not a threat to your Di's marriage."

"I said those because I love you dammit. It has nothing to do with my guilt. "Arnav shouted

"Okay...so?"

"What do you mean by so...Didn't you hear what I said?" Arnav confused with her easy demure

"I asked so what if you love me? What does it has anything to do with me. Don't worry you will get over them soon"

Arnav fisted his hands to control himself from saying anything which he should not. Then calmed himself taking long breath." Khushi ,what makes you think I will get over them soon?"

"You were in a relationship with Lavanyaji, you were so sure about her that you brought her home and was in a live in relationship. I myself have seen what type of intimacy you both shared. And just after a few months, you are here claiming to love me. What does that supposed to mean? You will get over this feelings too if you meet someone else.

"Stop right there Khushi. Don't you dare insult my feelings." Arnav said stressing each word.

" Khushi ,yes I was in a relationship with Lavanya. But it was of convenience. I never for even a moment felt what I feel for you. I took her to home so that Di and Nani stop nagging me for marriage which I am not ready for".

"That's exactly what I am saying Mr.Raizada. You now have feelings for me. But after that what? You don't believe in long term relationship or in marriage .So what if you love me. You will get over this soon."

You don't trust my feelings to last isn't it? Take your time Khushi but my feelings won't change. I have never felt like this for anyone and will never feel so for anyone else. You don't have to do anything Khushi. Give me a chance to prove your doubts are baseless. Let me be near you, talk to you and win you .Just know that from the day I realized my feelings this heart belongs to you .But you are right,I too have to figure out how to make sure we have this relationship for a life time. Only then I will be able to win you.

Khushi doesn't know what to say anymore. Her heart felt over the top with his words but her mind kept on warning .

"Bye Khushi. But Know that Arnav Singh Raizada never loose. I will win you"Arnav said cupping her cheeks ,his thumbs caressing her Then walked away.

Khushi sat there in the same positions for more time remembering every word Arnav said. She looked at her Devi mayya and prayed to guide her.To give her strength to check Arnav's advances.

Days rolled. Arnav called her everyday. He just said his everyday activities to her as if she is his wife. If at all she refused to attend the call he himself appear before her and won't go without saying whatever he wanted .Not that he stopped his daily Chawkidary(As Khushi calls it) in Lakshmi Nagar.

Arnav was working when he heard his jijaji voice from pool side. He didn't plan to eavesdrop but what he heard made him worry. Shyam was discussing about buying an apartment. He wanted to buy that as soon as possible.

Arnav decided to talk to Shyam directly than assuming this like he did it in the past. After finishing the call when Shyam turned back, he saw Arnav waiting to talk to him.

"Jijaji, I didn't mean to listen but I heard you wanted to buy an apartment. Is it for investment purpose?" Arnav know Shyam is still distant from everyone in Santhivan. He feared whether Shyam was planning to leave santhivan.

"No Arnav, I am planning to shift to an apartment with Anjali"Shyam answered

"But why jijaji? Is it because of that incident?" Arnav inquired

"No Arnav. It is high time we shift to our own home" Shyam said

"But this is your home. Why do you want to shift? Did di agreed for this? "Arnav was now on a fix.

"Yes Arnav this too is our home but it's time we set our own. I haven't talked to Anjali. I wanted to talk to her after I have a place of my own to take her. It will take some more weeks for that. I will talk to her by then"

Arnav was in his own thoughts that he didn't notice when Shyam left. Arnav was worried .What if Anjali agreed? Why does Shyam even want to shift to an apartment? They have a huge mansion for god sake. He doesn't know whom to talk. Talking to Anjali before even Shyam asked about her opinion seems wrong. He needed someone to guide him and he knows who could help him to calm and think wisely. Arnav took his car keys and left santhivan.