Chapter 8

Days rolled .Days turned weeks and weeks turned months.3 months after Lavanya's return to London. Raizada ladies wondered about their sons .Akash has been seen lost for last few days .The usually pleasant guy seems to lose his charms and the other son seems to be on a mission to think about anything other than work .He seem to be distant even from his di ,as if he can't see anything other than work. They don't know where Arnav goes even on Sunday night. They don't know what to do or whom to ask.

Khushi was returning after daily delivery of sweets when she saw her Jiji talking with someone. A man whom she could recognize, Akash Singh Raizada .she could make it from the face of her Jiji that she was disappointed about something .Did Akashji do something to her Jiji. Payal is a girl who can't even shout at anyone who harm her but she will become a lioness if something happens to her family. Then why is she seeing anger and disappointment in her jiji's face. Kushi knows better than to interfere. She had learned from her previous experiences that her interference will only do more damage.

Later at night when they wrapped their work and settled for sleep, Kushi made Payal lay with her head on her lap. She has seen her Jiji's off mood and lack of smile.so she just started giving a massage and then slowly started

'Jiji ,do you remember in childhood ,my classmates use to taunt me when they came to know that I am an orphan and I use to cry coming home . worse was the night mares. You just couldn't see me crying and said my parents are watching me from sky as stars . They have asked you to make sure that I never be unhappy as my name is Khushi .You made sure to never leave me alone and slept with me even if you have to tolerate my weird sleeping postures."

"why are you saying all these now Khushi ?Do you miss Massi and Mausaji?

"NO Jiji, I do miss them, but not too much .Yes, I still have nightmares of the accident but it's okay. I have accepted it. But I said this because that time seeing your care I have promised myself to make sure you are never let you be sad , but look at the irony .I myself became the reason for your unhappiness. I spoiled your wedding.Made you come to Delhi leaving all that you know in Lucknow"

"shut up Khushi. You are never the reason for my Unhappiness dear. Have you thought how our family would have managed every time when Abishek's family demands something. They were wrong to demand dowry in a marriage that too just few hours before marriage.

So wipe that thought that you are the reason for my unhappiness. I am happy Khushi, very happy. Yes we left Lucknow and came here .You are so important to me Khushi . How will I let you come here alone and what will I do there sitting alone in our room ? Who will save you from Buaji? And above all I can't live without your pagalpan. I am so addicted to that .That's why I came here with you." Payal said while cupping Khushi's face

"If you are happy here, why do I find your face pale form last few days jiji? What's wrong Jiji" she didn't miss the change of expression in Payal face.

"Nothing is wrong.You are just imagining things" Payal said averting her face from khushi.

"Please Jiji, tell me what's wrong"

"Nothing Khushi "Kushi knows now she has to say what she saw today

"Jiji I saw you today with Akashji? What did he say to make you so disappointed Jiji and please don't lie to me. If you refuse to say I am just going to phone Akashji and confront him?"

Payal knows better to say things than provoke Kushi ,as she will do what she said.

"Akashji wish to marry me .He approached me two days back saying he loves me"

Khushi was shocked, she didn't expect this.

"What did you replay Jiji"

"I said him no,"

"Why Jiji"

"Then what should I say kushi. we won't suit. we are from totally different background .we are just middle class poor's in front of them and not to forget his brother's and his ma's opinion about us and how they treated you. They were at the verge of getting you arrested that day. How do you think they will react if he go and say he wants to marry me?"

Khushi noticed in all these talks Payal never said she doesn't like Akash. It's all about the status difference. She knows Akash being a good man .He is more calm especially not like his brother(a certain brother whom she badly doesn't want to think off yet fails to do so. Every night she feels like he is staring at her .The feeling of getting acidity and the rise in heartbeat. Every night dreams of him which she struggle to rebuff, yet fails but she couldn't brush off Payal's reasons. If he is seeks Payal's hand in marriage then she has to be happy and treated well with respect which she was not sure off. Akash may love Payal but he will never go against His mother or Bai and support Payal. she has seen it firsthand. Even when he was against the way khushi being treated unfairly during her work at AR he never voiced it to his Bai so she can't be sure about Payal's well being if she gets married to Akash Raizada.

"What did he say?"

"What will he say. I said him we won't suit and his family will never willingly accept me as his bride. so asked him to drop the idea and stop perusing me"

"Will he?"

"I don't think so. If he had then he wouldn't have come here today"

"Do you like him Jiji. Please tell me the truth" Kushi can easily make it from Payal's expression and but wants words to confirm

"Yes. I do like him very much"what is the point of hiding it from her sister when she could read her like a book "but we won't suit so it's better to bury those feelings than to let them grow."

Yes, she is true. Who other than Khushi knows it better that harboring feelings for Raizada is dangerous in many levels.

"Will you talk to him khushi. He is your friend right .He may listen to you and stop all these"

Yes she will talk to him .she will make sure if Akash is the person for Payal then she will marry him but only after making sure she will be welcomed in to his family wholeheartedly and with respect. she won't settle for anything less.

"yes jiji. I will "

" Let's sleep Khushi. we have to get up early ,come" Payal invited khushi after settling herself in bed. But unfortunately Kushi woke up with a fever next day that made her family force her in to bed rest as they were sure it's her no stop work taken toll on her.