Chapter 2

Buaji: You are right Garima. I hate to say we will have to put our condition before our bitiyas good fortune. We are sorry Khushi to strangle you like this at a small age. You shouldn't be struggling so much at this age. , It is time for girls to dream about a future and enjoy with her friend as soon you will be burdened with responsibility of a family. But here we are already doing that above all we pressurize you for a relation you don't want.

Khushi: What are you saying buaji? It's my responsibility towards my family and if I say truthfully I find shyam suspicious. I think he is hiding something.

Buaji: Thitiliya we understand you don't want to marry him but why are you saying absurd things about him.

Khushi: You tell me buaji he stays out of home for days .Which lawyer travels so much otherwise he should be a busy one, demanded by people across the country. And if he busy as he portrays why don't he have a home of his own or staff . Why?

Buaji: Thitiliya I didn't think this way. But I also don't think he is lying. Anyway we won't ask you to marry him now. But what are you planning to do.

Khushi: Babuji, amma, Buaji I don't think I can continue with Raizadas. Any way my assigned task had been completed and Arnavji will throw me out any day.so I had applied for some jobs in I found in classified page, but you know without a completed degree certificate it will be difficult as you know I don't have one .All thanks to ASR that I couldn't attend last sem exams due to his media drama. I have thought of something. First I think I will buy second hand sewing machines and set up a tailoring unit in Happyji's shed which is not in use. Jiji can start tailoring classes there at morning or evening which can provide us some money .The other times we can use that as stitching unit. Many readymade shops needs their cloths they sell to be stitched so we can approach them. I have also approached some bakeries and small restaurants. They need study supply of some sweets and restaurants need different sweets daily for their thali's. So if we could supply them regularly with a good quality they are ready to give us orders.so we have to start doing that also. I don't want to take risk this time like the things happened when we supplied our sweets to Raizadas for their function.so I am planning to enter in to contract with these restaurants and Bakeries first by giving our sample sweets. And buaji I talked with the some textile shops which are ready to employ us as their tailoring unit, they also want us to do our chickenkary work, all we have to do is work on their given material and design, like a custom made product.

Amma: Khushi from when are you planning all these. I don't think this is planned in some days.

Khushi: No amma. I have been planning these from Diwali .I don't want to beg for somebody's mercy if babuji faces a similar situation. I also can't think of Jiji's proposal getting dined due to lack of money. I want to do everything she dreams off at her wedding. We can't afford to have a similar situation like last time.

Buaji: But parameswari how will you manage all these?

Khushi: It will be difficult for some months Buaji but we have to do this. And all these can be done with few thousands of money which we can only manage giving to our financial condition. Bediji is ready to give us his shed for a small amount of rent and happyji is ready to rent us his rickshaw for supply of cloths and sweets. Bakeries and restaurants will give us small advance if we could manage to impress them with our sweets.so what do you think of all these?

Buaji: Let's do it. Anyway we don't have much to lose so let's take this chance. But Thithiliya how you will manage these entire things if you get a job.

Khushi: we have to Buaji. A job will give study income if I managed to get one. If I am unavailable Happyji will deliver the products if we paid him and making sweets, we could manage it in evening or early mornings.

Amma: when are you planning to start bitiya?

Khushi: Amma this month ends tomorrow. Anjaliji had arranged for a Pooja at her home.so I will help them with that and leave early to buy the swing machines. Sarala chichi has one .she couldn't use it due to her knee pain and Rahim chacha,the old tailor is selling his machines as his son is about to start a footwear shop there.so I managed to talk with them. We could set them without much effort tomorrow itself.so we can start our work from day after tomorrow .I will leave job at Raizadas tomorrow.

Amma: Are you confident bitiya you could manage?

Khushi: Amma you all are with me and with devimayya's blessing we will survive amma.

Buaji: okay bitiya, we will help you in whichever way possible. You tell Raizadas that you won't come from day after tomorrow.

Khushi: I don't think that is necessary Buaji. The job assigned was to teach Lavanyaji our traditions .Now that she is accepted by naniji my job is over. If I say I won't come from day after tomorrow they will again blackmail us with something or the other. I don't want that.

Buaji: I don't know what they will say? But you are right too. They will force you one or the other way so it's okay. You complete all your work tomorrow before returning to our home.

Khushi:now that discussion is over , Amma I am all drained.can I get something to eat? Mice are running in my stomach

Buaji and amma burst in to laughter, "all you ever think about is food; I will get you something" saying this, her amma went to kitchen."