Chapter 1

Khushi entered Gupta home after a day of work at Raizadas. Cutting remarks and cruel insults were thrown at her by the certain Raizada during the eventful shopping with Lavanya. Her heart weeps. Is there any moment he doesn't insult her or torcher her with action. Every time her character is questioned .she is termed worse than prostitutes. Khushi couldn't take this torcher more. Isn't the pressure to get married to Shyamji in her home not enough that she had to endure his torcher too.Her Buaji and amma is on a constant rant on how she is ungrateful and doesn't value her parents or pain and humiliation she cause them.Ever since the writing on wall with her name joined with shyamji happened this was a routine. She was successful in pushing it till now but till when? Her protests always fell into deaf ears. How could she get happily married to someone she holds no feelings especially when she knew her heart beats for someone she cannot ever have. She would have ignored all her feeling and give into her buaji demand without a second thought if she had not heard her neighbor's snide remarks while returning after helping Happyji in his garage .Her thoughts went back to their words.

Vimla Chachi: Didn't you here Madhumathi is Arranging marriage of shyam with Khushi? Why do you think she's doing this leaving Payal?

Saritha Kaki: I think vimla ,Payal must be having serious problems in her Khundali or shyam and khushi were up to something .you knows what I mean..

Vimla chichi: I don't think so. I have noticed their behavior for a long time now ,I don't even find any exchange of loving glace too between them other than a pleasantry smile or formal talks. I think there is something wrong with Payal. I have heard her marriage too was broken at the altar. Groom must have found out something about her and now Guptas are covering it with dowry problem. Otherwise why will they try to marry off the younger leaving the unmarried elder daughter.

Saritha Kaki: May be you are right. Otherwise Madhu could have arranged payal's marriage with Shyam if she was as fond of him as she says.

Only if they knew Her Buaji doesn't want her neice to get married to an orphan or with a person who is not well settled. These reasons are not applicable in her case as she too is an Orphan with nobody to question her buaji's decisions. But Khushi realized her marriage will do more damage to payal than good. Moreover doesn't her jiji endower more pain if she gets married after spoiling her marriage . She owes Payal so much .Payal was kind enough to share the address of gupta daughter and the right that comes with that with Khushi. So she won't get married to anybody without her Jiji getting married.

She was tired after a long emotional and physical roller-coaster when she entered the Home after her day at RM. All she wanted was a nice bath and a hot tea and to hit the bed. Is that possible. She is Khushi gupta. Nothing normal happens with her. Khushi saw her buaji waiting for her with tea at dining table when she came after freshening and she knew something was up for discussion. She mentally prepared for upcoming episode of emotional athyachar.

Buaji: Thitiliya what have you thought of your marriage? I don't want to postpone it further, don't you think your approval will reduce the burden on shasi babua and he will be at least relieved of getting one of you married. Why can't you just do as we wish.

Khushi took along breath. She can't postpone the discussion any further .She thought to finish it once and for all. So she went to kitchen and called her mother to join her and buaji at dining table after wheeling her buaji there. She was relieved to know payal has gone to her friend house to give stitched salwar.

Khushi: I don't want to get married Buaji at least till jiji find her happiness. It's unfair to her for me to get married after spoiling her dream. My marriage will do more damage to her than good. Buaji moreover buaji if I get married before her everybody will try to find fault in jiji for no mistake of her. I can never do that to her. Please try to understand this buaji. Problems don't ends there. How will you all manage after I get married. Babuji's treatment, our daily expense and to save at least some thing for jiji's marriage, you can't manage all these with your pensions.

Buaji: Thithiliya what are you implying.

Khushi: I can't get married before settling jiji. You know jiji won't be able to go outside and do jobs. You know how she is. So me getting married will be like pushing you all to misery.How do you all think will manage if get married and had leave the job.

Amma: Jiji I think whatever Khushi is saying is valid. We will find difficult to find a groom for Payal and will struggle financially. We can't manage to do that now with shashiji's medical expenses and getting ready to marry off two daughters

For a change Amma's opinion put buaji into some thoughts.