Part 29

Days passed. Marriage preparations started. Just as promised Khushi really amazed Raizadas with the things she arranged for functions. Nobody can point out or will be able to taunt Payal for their class difference .Khushi had to be thankful to Gawtham for that. He along with Khushi arranged everything just like a brother would do .Gowtham was a genuine person who valued relationships. And he really valued the brotherhood Khushi so kindly bestowed on him .Khushi too has become a daughter to his parents. Khushi couldn't deny Gowtham's father's role in her babuji's recovery.

Now a days Arnav and Khushi was more like friends. Before it was Arnav who shared his day with her but now for Khushi too did it. It became a habit. Their late night calls, helping each other in marriage functions, asking opinion about things became a routine. Khushi didn't gave him any positive signs of relationship  in proper words still they were progressing. Arnav has realized ,even if she doesn't voice it out She was giving him a chance .

Raizadas welcomed their new bride to their home grandly. After post marital functions and lot of teasing Anjali led Payal to Akash's room. Next day morning Payal performed her pheli razoi and Akash took her to Gupta house for her pag phere. After they have left Nani ,Anjali and mami was in the living room discussing about the reception. But the topic got diverted to Nk .

"You know Nani, I think our Nk bhai is in love with Khushiji. Didn't you see how he always found reasons to be with her.?" To which nani smilingly nodded

"Why don't we ask Nk bhai ,and if he is ready we will propose Khushiji?" Anjali suggested

"Nothing of that sort is going to happen." A loud voice reached them. They saw a fuming Arnav standing stairs .If looks could kill Anjali may have become ashes by now "What is it with you Di? Why the hell are you bend on pushing them together?"

"What happened chotte? Why are you so angry? Isn't a good thing that Nk bhai is interested in a girl like Khushi. Nk bhai will take good care of her .So what is the problem you have if we give it a push" Anjali frowned seeing Arnav's anger

"What do you mean by A girl like Khushi?" Arnav's eye brows came together with the frown on his face

"You know Chotte. Khushiji is caring, sweet and all but we can't forget she is an orphan and sometimes so immature .And how can we forget she also faced public humiliation in media. So everyone won't accept her with all these" Anjali sympathized

"Khushi is way mature and responsible. She single handedly took the responsibility of her family and she does that beautifully. What did you say...public humiliation...Who caused that Di? It was me who caused it because of my ego. So don't you dare say things about her."

"Okay chotte ,I withdraw my statement of calling khushi immature. I know it was you who caused her humiliation but how will you say that to society. They will always hold that against her. We can say the truth to Nk bhai and I am sure he will understand that and accept her. Isn't it a good thing."

"My Khushi doesn't need anyone to accept her. She deserve to be treated with respect. This should be the last time you try to set Nk with my Khushi." Arnav announced

Nani who was listening to the siblings banter stood there with open mouth. What the hell is happening here? Why was her chotte so angry with Anjali's proposal? Why is Manorama not saying anything? but all these questions were answered when Arnav called Khushi 'his'. He definitely said My Khushi, Didn't he?

'Chotte...'Nani called

"Why do you have problem in NK's proposal for Khushi bitiya? I don't agree to the reason Anjali said .If that was the case it is us who should hide under blanket because of the humiliation we faced. I don't agree to what Anjali said about Khushi bitiya too. She is way too mature and a very practical girl. All she is innocent and naive .But my question is why not Nk. He is a good boy from respectable back ground and I think he likes her too. So what is the problem with that proposal chotte?"

"The problem is that you are proposing my love for someone else. You are trying to link my own brother with the girl I love. "Arnav stressed each word

"Chotte..."A shocked Anjali called

"Ek minute Anjali." Nani stopped her granddaughter before she sprout some more nonsenses

"Chotte... you said you love Khushi bitiya." nani tried to assure the facts

"Yes ,I said I love Kushi" he couldn't complete it when a sobbing nani crushed him in a hug. Arnav was not used to their physical gestures of affection.

"I am so happy chotte. You don't know how much you made me happy with this statement. You know chotte, the first time I saw her I wished some one like her to be your wife. Thank god."

"I am so happy chotte." Anjali came and hugged him weeping all over him

"Manorama did you hear what he said.?" Nani asked looking at a smiling Manorama.

"She know that from a long time nani. She helped me when I was confused with my feelings." Arnav said with gratitude evident in his voice

"manno..you knew it. Why didn't you said anything about it?" Nani complained

"Ha mami. You should have told us. We were unnecessarily wasting our time. If you have told us we should have proposed Khushiji by now and got them married." Anjali joined

"It was not mine to tell you all more over my bitwa is very much capable to take a stand for himself "mami said with confidently

"Nani let's go to Gupta house today itself and talk to them. I am sure they will be happy

"No...You won't do anything like that.it is me who loves Khushi. I have given her time to decide what she wants. You or anyone won't interfere in this. I don't want you all to pressurize her for accepting me .I want her to be comfortable with me and our relationship. I will come to you and ask when I want to marry her. This is not like the time when I said I want to marry Lavanya .I am very serious about my relationship with Khushi that there will be no other girl other than Khushi In my life." Arnav finished what he had to say and left to his room. He didn't fail to notice a confused NK who stood by the door.

"Naniji What do think ?If we live it to chotte to take initiative for his marriage, it will never happen .Let's go and propose Khushiji .Once she accept it we will surprise Chotte?" Anjali probed

"Anjali ,Arnav clearly said you not to interfere. Khushi has not accepted Arnav. So don't do any think that jeopardize any chance he have with her with your nonessential interference" Manorama warned

"Ji bitiya, manno is right. Let them decide what they want." nani supported her daughter in law

Reluctantly Anjali accepted .Nani and Mami explained Nk of the things happened and now Nk understood why his brother always found ways to shoo him away whenever he was near Khushi.