Chapter 7

It was late at evening when Arnav returned home with yet another failure visit to Lakshmi Nagar. After about half an hour he heard a knock at his door .Lavanya entered the room with two coffee mugs,

ASR ,can we talk?

"yah sure, come " Arnav said showing the recliner and he himself took the bed. Lavanya offered him the coffee she brought with her."

"Your coffee tastes better now" Arnav commented after sipping coffee,

"yah, learnt from Khushi" not again thought Arnav, she wont leave him even here...?

"hmm" what else can he say.

""ASR I want to talk to you " she don't know how to start the conversation, but she has to... their future is on line.

"Tell me La"

"Where do you find yourself after 10 years ASR?"

"What?"

"Please answer me"

"Okay "Thinking for sometime he said" AR as the best brand in International market and a happy family with DI's children, Nani telling stories to di and Akash children, scaring them with my name "he was chucking while saying that.

Lavanya heaved a sigh, He doesn't think of them .He doesn't see himself having a family with her. Slight doubt she had has been removed. They are not made for each other. she couldn't help but to admit may be her answer too may not have the family quotient with him if she is asked the same question. But she will make sure her decision doesn't make her regret later.so she asked

"What about us ASR"?

Arnav who was imagining his di smiling and playing with kids was rudely awaken with Lavanya question. He doesn't know what to answer. The image of him having a family is there, but how will he say her that the girl he see with whom having a family is not her, but her friend? He found it absurd, How could he think that cheap middle class girl in that light and that thought itself was disturbing him to no end. How could she manage to bring such thoughts in him . He scorned that she without even trying, being a part of his life when thoughts about future doesn't have a single image of his so called girlfriend. He doesn't know how to answer her question. If he says the truth it will hurt her and if he lies then it will be a lie to him.

Arnav kept the coffee mug at the table and rubbed his face with his hands .He decided to be truthful.He can't lead her more when he doesn't want this marriage at the first place. when all his dreams are about a certain girl who is avoiding him now, whom his heart thrives to at least have a glimpse of. It is not fair to Lavanaya. He had already done so much damage that may be this is the moment he can correct it. He can't lead on Lavanya giving promises of a happy married life when he himself knows there will be anything but happiness.

"I don't know LA. I wish I can, but sadly I don't. I really care for you La. All I wish is your happiness but if you ask me if it's with me, the answer is no. That day Nani's guest where mocking you I took the decision to get married to you and end the drama because I couldn't let anybody insult you. You are a true friend and my well wisher but I can't imagine us as husband and wife. I like you and love you but not as my life partner or in any romantic manner. I Know I am being unfair to you but I couldn't help it but to worry when I will do something that will push you to hate me. I don't trust myself to keep you happy"

"No ASR, please don't feel guilty .If you ask me the same my answer may be same"

"But you love me LA, You said so"