Chapter 21

Buaji called Khushi to serve Raizadas with snacks. She didn't wait for Arnav to leave; She just took the plated snacks and left the kitchen.

Arnav stood there some more time analyzing the change in Khushi's attitude. This change is due to his actions. Diwali night may have left deep impact in her.After all he did play with her emotions when he announced his engagement with Lavanya after attempting to kiss Khushi. Then he went ahead and mocked her emotions by saying it meant nothing to him. He wanted to talk to her. Tell his reasons, not that he has any other than his own reluctance to accept his own feelings. But till when will he run away from this knowing he will only find peace in her arms. He will only find happiness with her beside him.

Raizadas bid bye to Gupta that night deciding to meet Pandit next day and fix the dates of wedding. That night Khushi could see a cheerful Payal which she missed for a long time. But Khushi was worried too .How is she going to arrange money for Marriage up to Raizada standard.

Buaji as if understood her turmoil approached her at night when she was sitting in Verandah of their home asking help from her parents to lead her.

"Titiliya"

"ji buaji"

"why are you sitting here at this cold weather."

"Nothing buaji...I was thinking something"

"Are you worried about Payaliya marriage" Khushi nodded. What is the use of hiding?

"I too am worried bitiya about their behavior but if that is what makes her happy ,then why not. We will make sure she is treated well in their home. That's what we can do. Isn't it?" Khushi nodded understandingly.

"Buaji I have been saving money for both babuji's treatment and Jiji's marriage all these months. But the money I saved won't be enough to carry out all the functions of her marriage especially when the other party is Raizadas. We have to do things according to their standard. We could not allow them or people from their circle to frown upon our arrangements. I don't have any idea how we will manage everything as we just spend in Babuji's treatment and there is not much money left to have a lavish wedding."

"I understand bitiya.I too was thinking about all this .We will discuss things after we decide the dates of wedding. Okay. Don't worry we will find a way"

"I want to give jiji everything she dreams of in her marriage buaji. I think I failed somewhere in saving money. I should have been more careful."

"Pagli...You did everything you could in all these months. Look around titiliya. It was your efforts that paid off. Can't you see in months of hard work you and Payaliya managed to treat Sasi babua, set up a study business which ensures us study income. You managed to save for your sister's marriage. What if it is not enough, you still managed so much bitiya. Don't overthink. We will find a way. Be assured"

Khushi nodded "Jiji seems happy...Doesn't she?"

"Hm.. her smile didn't her face. It's like she had applied manoramaji's makeup, permanent rose color on her cheeks" Buaji laughed thinking about her niece blushed face.

"Now get up .go and sleep. We will think about this after date is fixed." buaji lovingly patted Khushi's head.

Nani informed her family about the auspicious dates panditji mentioned. One was at the first week next month and the other after 4 months. Akash was so eager to get married so was the Raizada ladies to get Akash married. Arnav had noticed the worry in Khushi's face when yesterday they showed their eagerness .He could figure out what must be her reason too. "Nani why don't we have the engagement next month and marriage after 4 months"? Arnav suggested

"Why bitwa, we have a date next month". Nani said. Arnav looked at his family. He could sense the displeasure in Akash's face, Mami's questioning, and outright rejection from Anjali.

"Nani if we have engagement next month and have some time till marriage, we will get enough time for preparations"

"But chotte we could manage everything .This time is enough for everything chotte"

"For us it is Nani, but not for Guptas. They wouldn't be able to manage everything in a short time."

"So what chotte? We will do the arrangements .They don't have to do anything." Anjali made her point

"Di that is exactly why Payal refused me" Akash said as he realized what exactly his Bhai meant.

"Nani, what Bhai said is true. They may need more time as they just now took their father for treatment. It will be really a worry for them to make arrangements at short time." Akash said and Nani understood his point but Anjali was far from reality. She was so excited to plan her brother's wedding that she couldn't wait.

"Akash we could always help them with arrangements .So why should we wait for months. Anyway what does it matter who make the arrangements?"

Shyam gritted his teeth listening to Anjali. Seeing her still caught up in one set of mindset he said "It really matters a lot Anjali. It is called self-esteem. Payal is their eldest daughter and they may have wish to marry of her in a way they wanted .All you have to do is understand and not push them showing your money power."

"What jijaji said is right Di. Moreover this way we get time to court each other" Akash tried to diffuse the fire and fortunately mami supported him

"you are right bitwa .Payal may need some time to comfortable with us. After all we want is you both to be happy. If taking some time to know each other helps then what's the harm. Even we get time to plan elaborate wedding. Isn't Sasuma?"

Nani smiled listening to her daughter in law. She had again proved herself to b the best choice her son made when she talked to Payal yesterday. She then glanced at a sulking Anjali. If only her granddaughter too realized.

"I will call Madumadiji and tell them about the dates. We will have Shagun soon". Nani said.

Buaji told Khushi about the dates and to say she was relived was not exaggeratory. She will get time .She will have to look for more business opportunities and to work harder if she has to do things in Raizada standard. Not that they demanded but she won't let anyone raise figure against her Jiji. May that be Raizadas or their friends from social circle. She knows she is taking things too personally but after humiliations and taunts she got from them she self-tuned to think like this.

Arnav sat in his cabin thinking the previous days. His brother seems so happy and content. He had seen Akash taking Payal for dates, accompanying her in shopping for engagement. He had seen the phone calls that make him blush and the whispering he does .To say Arnav was jealous of his brother was an understatement. He needed all this with his love, his Khushi. He wanted to bring smile on her face, be the reason for the blush on her face, wanted to whisper sweet nothing in her ears and if possible steal few kisses .But how will all this be possible if he couldn't even see her. The last time he saw her was on Shagun ceremony. Raizadas had filled Payal's lap with so many gifts that she needed Khushi's help to even carry them. There too she refused to even look at his way. He had willingly joined his family in engagement shopping hoping Khushi too to join them .But he met with disappointment every time.

Enough with this hide and seek game Arnav decided to end this with. A direct approach will be the best. He decided to meet her going to her home and talk. It is time he take responsibilities of his action and let Khushi decide what she wanted to do with his feelings. He couldn't just decide himself without even letting her know what she is to him.