Part 28

That night Khushi sat at her courtyard watching the stars thinking about what Shyam said. She knows what ever he said is true. Khushi has realized anger and rudeness is Arnav's self-defense mechanism. He use that to preserve himself from hurt. She know she is hiding herself and her feelings to protect herself from heart break but this also is hurting her . Every time she see her jiji happily talk about Akashji or says about her day spend with Akash, that blush that comes her face make her heart pain because of the things she may never experience. In her thoughts she didn't realize buaji came sat near her.

"Do you miss them a lot titiliya?" the question made her realize the person sitting near her

"Some times buaji" Khushi decided to be truthful

"Do you know titliya, when your phupaji left, I too felt like dying .We loved each other a lot. We never once felt the need for child when we were together but after him I felt my life not worth living .But soon after that you joined our family. I saw his smile in your smile. I felt like it was his love that brought you to me .I know I may have been strict with you. you must have felt I love Payal more. But that is not the truth bitiya. I was strict with you and scolded you because you always tend to get in troubles. Your innocence and craziness made you land in troubles one after the other. I was really worried what if one such incident take you away from me. I didn't forced you to marry Shyam because I thought of you as a burden but I was greedy to have not only you but also Shyam bitwa with us.

You know bitiya ,I had my chance at love with your phuphaji. Even today I feel his presence and love in everything I do. After him people wanted me to remarry but how could I when your Phuphai is all I think about. So if life is giving you a chance at love don't set your face against it. Grab it and live it." Buaji said caressing her titiliya's hair who was by now laying on her lap.

"Buaji" Khushi asked panicked

"I heard your talk with Arnav bitwa today. Life is too short to hold grudges bitiya. No one better than you know this. Try to look past his mistake and try to see the love that shine in his eyes. I have seen it myself. The way his eyes searches you, how his face lit up with an unknown smile seeing a smile on your face. I never pondered on that but after hearing your talk with bitwa I realized it was because of his feelings. I know you are afraid what if something happen in future and that may affect Payal's relationship. But release this bitiya if a third person influence a relationship between couple then it is not strong enough. If they are true to each other, then nothing or nobody will affect them."

"I understand buaji. "Khushi snuggled closer to her.

"Bitiya life doesn't wait for anybody. I don't want you to regret later by not giving your love a chance. Make your love your Strength then fight it not a weakness that destroy you. But don't forget before loving anybody you have to love yourself." Buaji said

Khushi gave a confused glance to buaji.

"I saw how Anjali was ordering around you that day. We kept quit thinking of Payal but I forgot by keeping quiet I am letting her walk over you. Seeing you all tired and sick the next day made me think. We should have denied things when it was becoming overbearing but we kept quiet. I thought about that a lot and understood we gave her opportunity. We should have made it clear what we cannot do. So I don't want a repeat telecast of this ever again. " Buaji answered. She then continued "If you give a chance to your love make sure no one take you for granted otherwise you will loose yourself." Buaji continued caressing her hair.

Khushi thought about what Buaji said for a long term laying in her bed. A chance taken is better than regretting later. So yes, she was going to take this chance.

Next day as usual Arnav came to see her. Khushi was rolling Ladoos while her helpers where on making peda's. Arnav didn't wait for Khushi to wash her hand and come to him. He took a low wooden stool and sat near her.

"seems like you have a big order for tomorrow" Arnav started conversation

"Hm... Gauthamji's event. It's a mehandi. I have orders for continuous four days. They are very particular about sweets, you know like the number of sweets to be served, variety of them, not repeating them on any events" Khushi said smilingly. Arnav looked at her intently. It was first time she say anything more than a sentence to him .The only time she talked to him properly was when he discussed her about Anjali all other times it was monosyllabic answers. So he decided to continue conversation

"Gowtham's event management company has become quiet famous in the city. You know, one of my associate was adamant on having him to arrange our success party."

"And did you gave in ? " Khushi asked raising her eyebrow. Arnav nodded "He is quiet good in what he does. Aman too suggested me to hire them." Arnav shrugged.

"When is it?"

"Next week. Will you the one to manage catering" Arnav asked hopefully

"Oh..No.I only does the traditional things. I don't have any idea about your continental or Italian. "Khushi said smilingly .

"You know Khushi ,you are really something. You single handedly manages many things. Your growth is really because of your hard work."

"no Arnavi...buaji ,jiji ,amma now even bubuji helps me.With out them I wont be able to. You know now babuji could move his hands and talk a little. It will take some time to talk properly but still it is an improvement." Khushi's excitement can be seen in her eyes.

"That's great. But Khushi please don't overdo it. It was so horrible to see you so worked up and tired on the day of engagement." Khushi nodded seeing the concern in his eyes.

"Khushi, if you don't mind may I suggest you something. I know you have rejected Nani's suggestion to have marriage ay Santhivan but will you let me share the expense of wedding hall and other things."

Khushi frowned. Is he again trying to show his money power? But as if understanding her thoughts Arnav quickly said

"No khushi..I am not trying to show my status ,I ...I ..just don't want you bother about expenses much..I..I..can't see you so tired and all worked up"Arnav struggled to explain her. Khushi smiled a little seeing him all panicked.

"I understand Arnavji...I know you want to help me. But I have done all the arrangements .So don't worry. Believe me when I say this ..I can manage and trust me Raizada I will make sure you or your family never gets to complain" Khushi said with an Attitude.

""You don't have to Khushi. Even if you send Payal with the dress she is wearing now empty handed ,we will still welcome her like a princess We take care of our own. "Arnav said sincerely

"Do you know Arnavji I can't believe ,you the ASR is saying things like this. It's hard to digest .It is contradictory to what you believed and said in the past"Khushi smiled a little

"We learn from our mistake Khushi. I assure you Payal will be treated like just the way Di is treated in our home" Arnav held her hand to assure

"Hoo .Don't do that. Let her take her own responsibilities. let her fight her own battles .All you have to assure her that she has you at the back. That's all a girl need. We don't want someone to fight our battles but someone to say you are not alone in this. That assurance is enough."

"Is it? Then believe me when I say this Khushi, you will always have me till my death beside you ,to hold your hand and to assure you. And if you allow me, I will never let any situation arise were you have to face any such situation "Arnav stood up and walked away without waiting for her response. Khushi sat there for a moment still caught in what he just said. Every day this man is crushing all her defenses making her know her decision to give a chance to her feelings is not wrong.