Chapter3

Amma when will jiji come back? It's quite some time she went there. I have to inform about our plans to her too.

She must be returning bitiya.She said she wants to buy some buttons and thread too. That must...

She couldn't complete her sentence as they heard the knock on the door .Khushi went to open the door only to find her Jiji. "Jiji you really have a long life. Come now I want to tell you something "saying this she dragged a clueless Payal to their room. Sitting on their age old bed Khushi explained Payal her plans and her role. Payal was more than exited to work as per khushi's plan. She too knew this will help them financially. She couldn't always sit back and let khushi take all burden.so she too was ready to proceed with khushi's plan.

Next day Khushi entered Raizada mansion with a determination . she couldn't fall back. Her plans are not only driven by her needs but also the insults she were showered by Arnav. She could still hear Arnav's yesterday's insults. He is ready to pay her tip for her service as she is incapable in luring some rich man who could afford to buy her expensive lehanga. How could he spare her just with that.so he took extra effort in raking insults at her character. She can't continue like this. She was thinking all these while passing through the living room only to bump in to Lavanya.

"Chamkili what were you dreaming about? You seem to not notice your surrounding in your thoughts"

"Nothing Lavanyaji,I was just....leave it"

"Ask your friend to watch where she goes Lavanya, My home has lot of expensive things .we can't afford to break something in her dream walk .She won't be able to pay for the damaged."Khushi jumped back hearing the voice of Arnav who was sitting in lounge which she failed to notice before.

She itched to comeback but refrained herself as she doesn't want to enter into a fight with him now and to get more insulted. "Just this day" .Khushi told herself and did the best thing. Pretends to hear nothing.

Lavanyaji where is Anjaliji?

Lavanya understood what she is doing so she replied immediately to avoid any fight.

She is the kitchen helping HP with Prasad. Khushi just nodded walked away aiming kitchen.

Arnav seethed in anger. Did she just ignore him? How dare she? The day has just begun khushi Gupta .Let me see how much you will ignore me. Arnav thought to himself.

She entered the kitchen to see an enthusiastic Anjali instructing HP with what and all should be made. By seeing khushi Anjali beamed and said

"now you don't have to worry HP ji Khushiji will help you in kitchen. Please Khushiji help him with Prasad and join me in leaving hall. There is so much to arrange before panditiji comes".

Soon she went out the kitchen to get dressed for her Puja. That is what the Raizada had reduced her into. A house maid. She heaved a sigh. It's not that she found doing these work embarrassing or out of her league. It's just their attitude that started hurting her. Previously she was willing to do all the jobs but after getting insulted day after day by Arnav and Raizada doing nothing to stop his cutting remarks she started getting detached. Anjali knew how much her brother hated her, then why did she blackmail her to work in Raizada house. And if she did that then wasn't it her responsibly to convince him for same and prevents such situation .soon she come out of her thought with HP asking help to prepare Kheer.

All the preparations where done and now she was helping panditji with the things he was asking for when Anjali grabbed her hand.

Khushiji you haven't met my husband, do you? Here he is .my shyamji. Shyamji this is Khushiji. The one I employed to train Lavanyaji.

Khushi was shell shocked. She doesn't know what to say or how to react. Shyam was also in same condition. Khushi know she couldn't make a seen in front of these people so she just said "Namaste" and quickly walked away from there.so this was what shyam was hiding .But why? He was he lying to her family all these days. Betrayal is all she felt. Soon khushi was summoned to join the puja. She was cautious to not spare glace towards either Shyam or Arnav.

Arnav noticed her .she was avoiding even glancing at him. How dare she? How dare she behave as if nothing happened between them on Diwali? How could she just ignore him and above all she was happily helping in preparations of his engagement?

Shyam was tensed about khushi's reaction. He was badly trying to find an opportunity to talk to her. Soon he found one when Anjali asked Khushi to dispose the flowers used in puja in Thulsi pot planted at poolside. He followed khushi making sure nobody notices.

"Khushiji Please listen to me" Khushi didn't let him complete .she just showed her hand saying him to stop.

I don't want to hear anything you say mr.Jha.You betrayed us. You hide things from us and stayed silent even when our marriage was on discussion.so now I don't want any explanation from you. Please don't show your face to my family here after. Come and collect your things from my home if you don't want that to be thrown on streets and spare us from putting up with your non existing explanation.

Why should he explain you anything to you Ms.Gupta? both shyam and Khushi was shocked to hear Arnav's voice. Arnav was going back to his room when he found Khushi and shyam on a serious conversation. He couldn't hold back from knowing what they were talking .so he entered the poolside only to here khushi saying she doesn't want any explanation from his jijaji.

Nothing sale Saab I was saying her why I couldn't meet her before. Shyam answered with a fake smile.

She is not so important that you should find time to meet her. We should only spare our time in valuable things jijaji, Arnav said with an arrogant smirk. Khushi was hurt. Will this man not spare a single chance to insult her and show her value in his life. If she was so unworthy what was all those "Muje farak padtha hai" and the almost kiss at Diwali night. She couldn't stand there more and get insulted more than he already did, so she went from there .

The moment Khushi walked out Arnav realized the hurt he caused her and regretted his words. He didn't miss the tears in her eyes . Why did he always do that to her.?