Part 24

Khushi was checking the accounts when Arnav reached there. Khushi took a long sigh after seeing Arnav but understood he was there to talk something serious from his facial expression.

"Khushi" Arnav called .The simple name uttered as if she was the whole world to him. Khushi could feel the intensity of his feelings just with the way he called her.

"What happened Arnavji? Are you worried about something?" She may have grudges against him but the emotions she has suppressed resurfaced seeing his face with worry lines.

"Are you free now. Can we talk?" Khushi nodded her hear asking him to carry on. Arnav dragged the chair opposite her to be near.

"What is it Arnavji?" Khushi asked

"Jijaji is planning to move out of Shanthivan with Di. I am afraid Khushi what if Di agree to him? What if her refusal lead to more problems between them? I don't understand why he even wants to move out of shanthivan. It's their home too .so why did he want to go leaving their family?" Arnav knows If at all someone could put sense into him in dealing with emotions ,then it's her.

"Arnavji,first of all he is just planning. They haven't decided anything. Even if they decided to settle in another house, what is the problem in that?"

"Khushi how can you say that? Khushi she is my responsibility. I have promised my mama that I will take care of her" Arnav said as if she was asking the most idiotic question.

"I understand you have promised to take care of her. You have to realize she is a married woman. You should take responsibility of her as a brother not a guardian .She is old enough to manage her own life. You can't always cocoon her in a happy bubble without letting her take her responsibility. She is not just your sister but Shyamji's wife too. She is responsible for his welfare.

I am sorry to say this but Anjaliji has been always hiding behind the world you created for her .She is elder to you. She was old enough and was getting married. She was ready to take the responsibility of a family when she agreed for the marriage but when the tragedy happened in your life she took a back seat .She let you took the lead where it should have been her role. But let us just think that she was too shocked with everything .But tell me Arnavji ,why did Shyamji found a family in us when he was staying in a home full of people. Why was Anjaliji unaware of his problems. Why didn't she bother about his absence from home for days? Have you ever thought about it?

Don't say me she thought it was work. She was happy in the world you created that she was not bothered about anything else. She do love Shyamji but love is not everything in a relationship. It should also come with empathy, compassion , trust, understanding and responsibility. Ask your self Arnavji ,Didn't she failed in some of them?"

Arnav knows the answer .Yes ,his sister somewhere failed in understanding and her responsibility as a wife.

"Arnavji it's not just her but Shyamji too had failed. He didn't trust her with his emotions. I am not saying it's just them. We are humans driven by emotions. We make mistakes but we learn from them. Arnavji I think that is what Shyamji is doing. He is trying to strengthen their relationship. He wanted to take her responsibility, build a family with her .Arnavji in santhivan you bear all the expenses, you make decisions which you think is better for your family, you do things for their happiness. And in all this you don't let others take their responsibilities. Shyamji is Anjaliji's husband .Doing things for her and securing their future is his right. I am not saying you don't have any responsibility. All you have to do is give her strength to carry out her duties, encourage her, assure her if something went wrong you will be there for her. You have to let her face the world. You can't always be her shield.