Dance

They needed to get out of the house, as it seemed, though Sunny would be allowed to stay for the wedding, Martha Vir the captain's mother was having trouble being in the same room as Sunny. That was ok she supposed, parents were supposed to be protective of their offspring, and if Sunny wasn't something to be feared, than she didn't know what was.

So Sunny had grabbed her headphones, Vir had gone rooting around in the garage coming back with a thin board with wheels strapped to the bottom, and they had set off in the early morning sunlight. Vir seemed intent on trying to balance on the rolling board as it moved down the sidewalk.

Sunny didn't think he was very good, but what did she know about humans and their odd games.

Krill floated behind her soaking up earth's nice, warm sun. As a creature that didn't eat, sunlight was important for Krill. She still found it kind of weird. Despite Krill's need to be afraid of everything, he even admitted that early summer on earth was very pleasant. And he wasn't wrong their planet was beautiful, it didn't have the eclectic color selection of her planet, with its rainbow mosses and purple trees, but there was something charming about the green scenery spread across a high blue sky dotted here and there with vibrant colors. She closed her eyes and let the sun warm her skin.

Off to the side a sharp note echoed down the street, and she looked up just in time to see a group of the human kits riding past on their weird metal contraptions with wheels.

All of them stared, mouths wide open.

That is, until one of them plowed right into a parked car with a loud thud, and the squealing of a car alarm.

Sunny winced. Vir grimaced. Krill covered his eyes. "That wasn't us, was it?" The captain wondered sheepishly.

"I think it might have been, Captain." Krill muttered as they hurried on by. Behind them the kit had started to wale, and its friends were trying to help it back to its feet, "Should we stay to help." Krill wondered.

Vir shook his head, "Best not, other humans don't like it when you mess with their kids. Depending on what type of people they are, we might be blamed for hurting him. They sped up the pace and kept going causing more and more staring as they made it into the center of town.

"Where are we going anyway?" Sunny wondered

"My sister has Kimber at the rec-center for her Dance and then her Karate class later on, but forgot her phone. We're bringing it to her." They cut off the road and into another parking lot, slipping past groups of people frozen in their tracks, and into the back doorway of the building. Ahead of them was a long hallway lined in tile. Through a pair of windows lining the side, Sunny could see large, manmade bodies of water, where the humans were..... Swimming? She didn't know humans could do that. They made their way up the hallway, and Sunny peered into the rooms looking at odd climbing structures, and wide open areas covered in odd lines, where humans were busy playing games.

They paused at the junction of a couple hallways, "My sister says she's in the lounge area, there are a lot of people there, do you mind waiting here, Sunny?" Vir wondered

Sunny shook her head as the other two floated off. She had a knack for attracting attention, and trouble, and though the captain was known for similar problems, there were some humans who were still harboring anger about the war.

She waited in the hall, and waited, and waited. Where were they?

Just then, the distant sound of music reached her ears. It was coming from the hallway to her left..... She was sure they wouldn't mind if she just took a peek. Quietly she turned off her music and tip toed up the hallway, not like it would matter for all seven and a half feet of her.