Hypnosis

The fairgrounds were alive ad teaming with color. The once deserted terrestrial moon had since been turned into the largest ever recorded outdoor market that had ever existed. The introduction of humans into the GA had brought the universe new and unconsidered ways of selling, buying, and tourism. On all sides humans and aliens alike were demonstrating their artistic craft. There were metal workers, carpenters, sculptures, artists, leather workers, and artists. A few industrious groups had even crossed inter-species borders to collaborate on projects. They had a real tough time pulling Sunny away from a Drev/human blacksmith partnership that created Drev armor in the style of medieval humans and human armor in the style of the Drev, but now after she had purchased herself a helmet, which Commander Vir, Adam, openly admitted looked 'friggin awesome', but then again, that was coming from someone who had purchased himself a cape, and insisted upon wearing it because it "made him look fancy."

Krill tried not to be distracted by the frivolous, but turned out to have a great weakness for a specific vendors art works which depicted surrealist landscapes. Of course, when captain vir pointed out that they travel the universe and often see things just as strange, the doctor pointed out that, this way, he could look at how pretty it was and not worry about how dangerous it was.

They cut a strange group in the crowd, a human, a Drevv, and a Vrul, one wearing a steel- horned helmet, the other a cape, and the third holding a large roll that was almost taller than him.

Technically they were supposed to be here providing security, but out of all the jobs they had been given, recently, this one was surprisingly easy. They met up with another "Patrol" walking down the main thoroughfare and found hat Cannon, sunny's brother had also purchased himself some new armor.

They walked with each other for a few minutes before a voice caught their attention over the roaring of the crowd.

"COME ON IN, SIT DOWN, AND ENJOY IT BECAUSE I'M ONLY GOING TO BE HERE ANOTHER DAY.... YES YOU THREE."

Adam lept easily onto sunny's back peering over the crowd trying to see what it was all about.

Sunny craned her head back to look at him, "What is it."

He squinted, "Hold on, I can't- wait a HYPNOTIST hell yeah! I love those guys. Come on lets go before all the seats are taken."

"What is a hypnotist?" Sunny wondered, but received only a pat on the muzzle.

"You shall see."

She blinked shaking her beak in mild confusion. Krill inflated his helium pouch and allowed Sunny to drag him through the crowd. A few of the other humans followed along curiously as did Cannon.

Together they made their way to a row of benches and took their seats. Sunny looked on stage to find a well dressed man in a suit, standing in front of a line of chairs. He didn't look particularly special, but who was she to judge. He glanced around at the crowd for a few more minutes hollering for people to come in. Once the crowd was filled up, an assistant pressed a button at the back of the stage, and a sudden flash of blue light surrounded them before fading away to a dim shimmer.

The sound field left the interior quite silent, and the man cleared his throat taking a sip of water, "That can't be good for my voice." before smiling and clapping his hands together, "let's get started, how many of you know what a hypnotist is?"

Most of the humans raised their hands.

He glanced around the crowd, "Well that was to be expected, for those of you inhuman visitors, a hypnotist is someone who is trained to bring other people to a state of, what should be best explained as, deep state of concentration and suggestibility. We have used hypnotism for thousands of years in psychological treatment, relaxation techniques, and certain types of medical procedures. However, I'll have you know now that it is STILL one of the most controversial techniques in both the psychological and physiological medical fields, however, I'm not a doctor, I am an entertainer, so we shouldn't have any issues here today."