Keep Them Warm Pt. 4

"Hey little, Bro! So good to see you."

"Knew I shouldn't have picked up the phone."

"Look your practically glowing, come on guys can't you see the glow."

Adam shook his head and sighed at his three grinning brothers on the other end of the video call. Despite living in different parts of the county, somehow they had managed to set aside time to get together and call him.

"So when's the gender reveal?"

"Yeah have you come up with names. I have one of those baby name books right here, we can come up with them, as a family."

"Can't wait to see if they have your eyes lil' bro..... or you know maybe your limbs. You never know with alien human hybrids.."

Adam leaned back on his bed resting his head against them all staring up at the ceiling, "Ha ha.... ha you guys are hilarious."

"I think we are.... don't you guys think so" Jeremy asked the others who nodded grinning at each other with smug expressions. David was nudged bodily to the side, and his partner, Jordan, inserted himself into the frame.]

"Ignore them, Adam. What they mean to ask is if you're ok, and if there is anything they can do to help."

Adam smiled at his brother's better half, "See that's right you load of assholes. Jordan's nice to me, he understands."

David nudged his partner out of camera view with a fond smile, "He doesn't understand. If we don't bother you then who else will?" He looked off camera smiling, but received only a snort of derision and probably an eye roll. He eventually turned back grinning, "Humoring my better half though. Are you ok?"

Adam sighed leaning back against the wall, "Yeah, I'm alright..... totally over it though. I'm hungry and cold all the time. Everything smells weird, and I haven't exactly been sleeping great. They keep telling me it should be over soon, but of course they can't predict when."

Thomas shifted himself to a better position on the couch, "Ok, you know I need to hear how this even happened in the first place. I mean we knew you had a thing for aliens, but we didn't exactly expect this."

"Thanks..... for that, Thomas." He groaned, "And it was a complete miscommunication and the unfortunate fact that I have a high body heat. She probably thought it was the best way to seal a peace talk. You know, if she takes some of our DNA, than that makes us practically family, and what could be more of a peace offering than that."

"What was it like." Jeremy wondered leaning forward in his seat.

David opened his mouth to protest, "If you don't want-"

He raised a hand, "No no, its ok. Honestly the worst part is the fact that she looks like a massive ass spider with a wolf head, I thought she was going to eat me, or maybe lay her eggs down my throat, one of the two. I guess in the grand scheme of things, the eggs were evolutionarily meant to be parasitic, so it was like being implanted with a giant tic. It was cold ... and." He shivered "Slimy. Luckily I didn't feel the little fibers burrowing into my organs, I'm sure that would have been unpleasant."

"WHAT! Burrowing into your WHAT!."

Adam shrugged, "Well, they have to get food and nutrition somehow, right?"

"That is ... absolutely disgusting." Thomas pointed out pulling a face.

"Dude, that's kind of sick, I'm sorry to hear that." David said a little more sympathetically than the rest of them had.

"Can we see." Jeremy asked in mild excitement.

Adam groaned, but agreed. Resting back and stretching out. HE pulled his shirt up far enough to reveal the six black eggs and then turned the camera to face them.